Sponsored

Dead Pedal Install - Compatible with 4XE...

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JKUR 4XE, Cyber Truck (on order...)
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed the Mountain Off-road Dead Pedal this morning. Install was tight, frankly a bit of a pain. Dropped a nut behind one of the interior panels so ended up having to pull more of it apart than had planned. All good though - installed now and all is well. The dead pedal itself is built super tough. Happy with it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Pedal Install - Compatible with 4XE... 16478ED5-5C4C-4EFD-8F81-0B6AA4304229

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Pedal Install - Compatible with 4XE... 2C3A0BEA-F9A4-429A-8FCC-9F8EAFE0FA2B
Sponsored

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Thanks for the fit confirmation @seannaz

Question: Can I install the dead pedal with the trim off, then put the trim on afterward? Or will the trim not fit in place once the pedal is installed?

I’m asking because I’ve already removed all of that trim for a sound deadening project. Just wondering if I should put in the dead pedal before the trim.

Thanks!

OP
OP
seannaz

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JKUR 4XE, Cyber Truck (on order...)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the fit confirmation @seannaz

Question: Can I install the dead pedal with the trim off, then put the trim on afterward? Or will the trim not fit in place once the pedal is installed?

I’m asking because I’ve already removed all of that trim for a sound deadening project. Just wondering if I should put in the dead pedal before the trim.

Thanks!
I’m like 90% sure you should be fine with the trim off. I had one of the bolts in (furthest away from me) when i dropped a nut down the little channel in the trim... So I pulled the trim loose, not off, all along the door jam, and then right up around the disconnect for the door electronics. I didnt up Mount that harness, but I did take off the plastic nut. This was all to retrieve what I dropped... I put all that trim back on tight while it was dangling by one bolt so I’m thinking you’re ok.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Answering my own question: YES!

Installed the Tixo knock-off version of this dead pedal last week. I had the kick panel trim off, and had the driver’s seat removed for another project, so decided to mount the dead pedal at the same time. Quite easy to get in there. Having the seat removed significantly reduces the contortions I would imagine are necessary otherwise.

BTW, skip the Tixo knockoff, and buy the MORE pedal. The metal on the threaded bolts of the Tixo version is super soft. I ended up stripping them both, and one broke off entirely when I tried to back it off, and I bent the base that they are welded to.

I then cut off/drilled out both of those welded, threaded, studs, bent the flat base back to normal, then replaced the studs with beefier bolts/washers/nuts. It didn’t take too much time, and Installation is super solid now. In retrospect though, I should have put away my cheapskate card, and just ponied up the coin for the name brand.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Pedal Install - Compatible with 4XE... F3E46499-8317-4254-893B-EAFC48AC3F4C

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Pedal Install - Compatible with 4XE... 83F3A623-DF24-4221-B32D-E280CA39D5B9

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited:

Ratinahat

First Name
Rat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Jeep Scrambler
Answering my own question: YES!

Installed the Tixo knock-off version of this dead pedal last week. I had the kick panel trim off, and had the driver’s seat removed for another project, so decided to mount the dead pedal at the same time. Quite easy to get in there. Having the seat removed significantly reduces the contortions I would imagine are necessary otherwise.

BTW, skip the Tixo knockoff, and buy the MORE pedal. The metal on the threaded bolts of the Tixo version is super soft. I ended up stripping them both, and one broke off entirely when I tried to back it off, and I bent the base that they are welded to.

I then cut off/drilled out both of those welded, threaded, studs, bent the flat base back to normal, then replaced the studs with beefier bolts/washers/nuts. It didn’t take too much time, and Installation is super solid now. In retrospect though, I should have put away my cheapskate card, and just ponied up the coin for the name brand.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Pedal Install - Compatible with 4XE... 83F3A623-DF24-4221-B32D-E280CA39D5B9

Hope this helps someone!
Exact same for me. Came to the same conclusion.
Sponsored