Dead pedal does not work with the 4xe

Wandering_Cascadian

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe; 1976 GMC High Sierra 1500
Could someone post a picture of the bolt that has changed on the firewall? Asterix says bolt extender will not work but a picture showing what the problem actually is may make it easier to find a solution.
Sponsored

Bohunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Could someone post a picture of the bolt that has changed on the firewall? Asterix says bolt extender will not work but a picture showing what the problem actually is may make it easier to find a solution.
Today I got around to installing my dead pedal and I was able to use a 5/16” coupling nut that screwed onto the firewall bolt. Then used about an 1.5inch piece of threaded post. Slipped the dead pedal onto the post and bolted it down with a nut. It turned out quite well in my opinion. Here is a pic of the finished product. I tried to get a picture of the bolt setup, but it’s tight quarters and low light, and you couldn’t tell much from the pictures I took.

2D927726-CC92-48E5-9B52-25C8E8E0B789.jpeg

Skippy477

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Can you share which brand dead pedal you installed? I’m looking to get confirmation from someone who’s installed the M.O.R.E dead pedal on a 4xe (see the link a few posts back).

I’ve reached out to M.O.R.E. with this question, but haven’t heard back from them yet.

Thanks!
I bought it on Amazon. The Brand is TIXO.

Rrenfro

First Name
Roz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High Altitude
Today I got around to installing my dead pedal and I was able to use a 5/16” coupling nut that screwed onto the firewall bolt. Then used about an 1.5inch piece of threaded post. Slipped the dead pedal onto the post and bolted it down with a nut. It turned out quite well in my opinion. Here is a pic of the finished product. I tried to get a picture of the bolt setup, but it’s tight quarters and low light, and you couldn’t tell much from the pictures I took.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead pedal does not work with the 4xe 2D927726-CC92-48E5-9B52-25C8E8E0B789

Rrenfro

First Name
Roz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High Altitude
Did you find that the pedal was not secure and would move left to right? If so how did you stop that from happening.

Sponsored

Maxx4xE

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red 4XE Sahara
Canceled my Quadratec version and I just ordered the M.O.R.E. version. I took a look, and the side bracket in the 4XE looks exactly like the one in their installation instructions. Hopefully it works out as I really hate not having a dead pedal.

The firewall bolt in the 4XE has a plastic shroud of sorts that is not the same as shown in the Quadratec instructions and I did not want to have to troubleshoot what should be a simple install.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

Wandering_Cascadian

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe; 1976 GMC High Sierra 1500

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead pedal does not work with the 4xe 2D927726-CC92-48E5-9B52-25C8E8E0B789
I basically did the same with the Quadratec pedal, but ground down the top section to better fit into the firewall. Couple of washers for spacing, coupling nut, threaded rod, dead pedal, washer, locknut. Works great so far.

Maxx4xE

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red 4XE Sahara
Canceled my Quadratec version and I just ordered the M.O.R.E. version. I took a look, and the side bracket in the 4XE looks exactly like the one in their installation instructions. Hopefully it works out as I really hate not having a dead pedal.

The firewall bolt in the 4XE has a plastic shroud of sorts that is not the same as shown in the Quadratec instructions and I did not want to have to troubleshoot what should be a simple install.
Installed the M.O.R.E. pedal. Bit of a pain to secure the nut behind the pedal itself, but if you have a stubby ratchet it helps.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dead pedal does not work with the 4xe DeadPedalInstalled

tekdifficult

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
Can you share which brand dead pedal you installed? I’m looking to get confirmation from someone who’s installed the M.O.R.E dead pedal on a 4xe (see the link a few posts back).

I’ve reached out to M.O.R.E. with this question, but haven’t heard back from them yet.

Thanks!
I bought the one from MORE and it did not work for me. I have a wiring harness that is too close to the bolt locations to get it to mount. I also had to drill the holes out to even get the bracket in. I reached out to them and they stopped responding to me after they told me they would send me a new J plate that had been cut down to allow room for the wiring harness mine has.

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, 4xe
I put the MORE dead pedal in our 4xe with no mods. I would estimate the installation "suck" level to be equal to the installation "suck" level on our gladiator. That is, you won't die. You'll just feel like you died.
Sponsored