2021 Rubicon 4xe

Senrusho

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xE Robicon
I would like to see it with the back seats down, so you can tell if it's flat across. I assume they would have thought of that but not sure. I could do the math real quick myself I know. Don't want to honestly. Seems way too high to be flat.
You are correct, it does not sit level with the back of the folded down rear seat. They do offer an extra platform that goes on top of the folded down seats for gas Jeeps to provide a sleeping platform. Unfortunately, when they scanned my Jeep to create the 4xE version we measured the distance from the inside of the tailgate to the underside of the flipped up seat pans and found that you would have to either be REALLY short or sleep at a 45 degree angle to have enough room. The fact that the seat pan folds up really robs you of a lot of space (about a foot and a half)since its both in the way and makes moving the front seats forward kind of pointless as well.

That said, I bet they could figure something out to offer the sleeping platform if you are indeed really short, or dont bring much with you camping, and have no problem organizing yourself to sleep at an angle.

Mordraq

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Sahara 4xe
Looking for guidance from a SME here:

Trying to find a Muffler skid plate to fit a Sahara 4xE. It appears the Rough Country and other popular ones are a no-go. However, when I speak with support I cannot tell if they truly are not compatible or if they just don't have good enough data to recommend/confirm fit.

Who here has found a confirmed solution? Or any other supporting details.

Appreciate it! I'll share what I get here too.
=Mordraq

Mordraq

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Sahara 4xe
===================================================
Thread starter at the bottom of this post —— Consolidating Feedback below (tried to model after Tech Forum structure) —
Give me some grace here - trying to organize based on what I find posted. There was as suggestion from u/sentience below that makes so much sense. For now, it’s me editing this first post.

Suspension, Steering, Chassis:

• Mopar Performance 2" Lift Kit 4XE (Part No: 77072522) - LINK (UPDATED: DOES NOT CURRENTLY WORK WITHOUT BOWING)
  • Teraflex JL 4dr: 3.5” Alpine RT3 Short Arm Suspension System (Part No: 1533000) - LINK
    • Teraflex SP2 3.5 ADAPT E-ADJUST PIGGYBACK SHOCKS (Part No: ) - LINK
    • Teraflex JL: 0.5” Coil Spring Spacer Load Level Kit – Rear (Part No: 1155120) - LINK
    • Note: User “eLECTRICON” required modifications to allow shock reservoirs to fit
Exterior Mods:
  • Mopar Spare Tire Swing Gate, Hinge Reinforcement - Mopar (Part No: 82215356AB) - LINK
  • Mopar Oversize Spare Tire Carrier Mounting Bracket Kit (Part No: 82215355) - LINK
    • Note: Need this and brake relocation kit (below) if running 37” or larger on JL
  • Mopar Light Relocation Kit (Part No: 82215349AB) - LINK
  • Teraflex JL: Alpha HD Adjustable Spare Tire Mount Kit w/ Brake Light & Camera Mounts–5x5 - LINK
    • Note: This is an alternative to both the Mopar options above. Teraflex doesn’t yet have an elegant way to mount the exterior speaker. The shop I used mounted the speaker with zip ties until final solution developed.
  • Universal Rokblokz Rally Mud Flaps - XL - LINK
  • Coyote Mirror for 2018-Current JL & JT (Pair) (Part No: MJL-800) - LINK (DOES NOT WORK)
    • Note: User “Sboden” reported that the charging port interferes with the mounting of these mirrors
  • Mopar Hood Deflector (Part No: 82215367) - LINK
  • Teraflex HD Forged Trackbar - Rear (Part No: 1754420) - LINK
Underbody: Rock Sliders/Rails, Armor, Skidplates:
  • Mopar Performance Step Rock Rails (Part No: 82215165AB) - LINK
  • Mopar Molded Side Steps (Part No: 82215164AB) - LINK
  • Assist Steps, Side Steps, Tubular, Aluminum - Mopar (Part No: 82215327AB) - LINK
  • Go Rhino 1000 Series 4" Side Steps (Part No: ) - LINK
Racks, Carriers, Cargo Hauling:
Electrical / Lighting:
  • Tesla Tap 50 Amp High Power Adapter - LINK
    • Note: Do not use Super Charger Network, also a report of someone burning out their Tesla charging wall battery. Careful out there...
  • Z Automotive Front Camera for JT (Part No: Z-JT-CAM) - LINK
    • Note: It’s been pointed out that the 4XE JL’s use the JT front grill, so front Camera is actually the JT spec.
  • SEVEN SPARTA 1 Pair Light Mounting Brackets - LINK
  • Z Automotive Front Camera for JL (Part No: Z-JL-CAM) - LINK (DOES NOT WORK WITH JL 4XE)
  • KC Gravity Light Bar Mount (Part No: 7327) - LINK (DOES NOT WORK)
    • NOTE: Interferes with the charging port location
  • Grimm Off-road - ARB Twin Compressor Mounting Bracket Kit (Part No: GOR10013) - LINK (DOES NOT WORK)
Interior Mods:
  • Pro Clip Jeep Center Dash Mount - Extra-Strength (Part No: 213546) - LINK
  • Mopar All Weather Floor Mats (Part No: 6RV53TX7AA) - LINK
  • Quadratec Rear Cup Holder Conversion (Part No: 14125 3030) - LINK
    • Note: Was pointed out by user “Skippy477” that while this does fit, it rubs on the seats when they are folded down. Not sure if there is a long term wear concern.
  • Vector Off-Road JL/Gladiator Tube Dock E-Dock (Part No: ) - LINK
  • Vector Off-Road JL/Gladiator Contour Dock (Part No: ) - LINK
  • TIXO Left Side Dead Foot Rest Pedal (Part No: ) - LINK
    • Note: User “Skippy447” reported that no issues as it mounts on the left side, vs to the firewall, which is where others have had issues.
  • Trunk Storage Tray Organizers Rear Cargo Side Box (Part No: ) - LINK
  • 67 Designs JL 4xe - Single Ball Base (Part No: K91044) - LINK
  • Mountain Off-Road Driver Side Dead Pedal (Part No: DPJL18DS) - LINK
Transmission, Axles, Gears:
  • SpiderTrax Jeep 1.75" Thick Wheel Spacers (Part No: WHS024) - LINK
Programmers:
  • Mopar Service Contract to adjust tire size / speedo
  • Z Automotive Tazer Mini (Part No: Z-TZR-JLM) - LINK
  • AEV ProCal Snap Mod (Part No: 37406015) - LINK (DOES NOT WORK)
    • Note: I had personal experience with this one. Set off all of my dash warning lights. Jeep functioned, but clearly some issues with compatibility.
Cosmetics:
  • Radiator Grille Trim Ring Kit - Mopar (Part No: 6CG99TZZAC) - LINK (DOES NOT FIT SAHARA 4XE)
    • Note: User “aztomex” reported that these have fitment issues with Sahara 4XE. Unknown about other models.

Browsing through the forums in the tech section and realizing that almost any topic category - “Suspension, Steering, Chassis”, or “Underbody: Rock Sliders/Rails, Armor, Skidplates” to even “Interor Mods” are potentially all different for a 4XE. I’m having a hard time finding even a phone holder that is compatible.

I have questions about a number of accessories categories and its quite difficult to filter through the primary forums for stuff that fits a 4XE... Maybe even some of the basic categories like wheels/tire, lifts, interior mods to start.

Here’s a list of stuff I still dont have confirmed answers for:

- Dead Pedal
- Phone Holder / Trail Rail Mount
- Rock Sliders
- Mud Flaps
- Rear Seat Recline (like JK?)
- Fire Extinguisher Mount (prob not 4XE specific)
- Air Compressor Mounting Bracket (and options - interior, engine bay, etc) - no idea if there is room given all the other 4XE stuff...
- Lift (going with the Mopar 4xE specific 2” lift given no other options)
- Exterior light mounting options (can I mount on A pillar??)

Sure there are others I’m not thinking about. Sorry to complain, just having a difficult time finding 4XE confirmed compatible stuff... I know there was / is a 4XE accessories post in here, but not effective in finding stuff by category. What are others thoughts? If you have confirmed fitment, can you post vendor name and part numbers?

I recently installed the Rough Country Rear M230 Differential Skid Plate (Item 10628) fit beautifully on a '22 Sahara 4xE. Please add it to the list!

Sponsored

Mordraq

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Sahara 4xe
Looking for guidance from a SME here:

Trying to find a Muffler skid plate to fit a Sahara 4xE. It appears the Rough Country and other popular ones are a no-go. However, when I speak with support I cannot tell if they truly are not compatible or if they just don't have good enough data to recommend/confirm fit.

Who here has found a confirmed solution? Or any other supporting details.

Appreciate it! I'll share what I get here too.
=Mordraq
Bumping this. Someone here has some expertise I just know it! Come show it off for us.

Mordraq

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Sahara 4xe
Heads up, the Asfir guy at EJS told me free shipping for event season.
First, thank you on both points Gator & Trailmax!

Anyone else here with experience with the Rough Country or Westin? The Asfir looks amazing and the price tag is almost 2X given it's aluminum, etc. I can eventually negotiate this one with my wife =), but if there's experience with the ~$200 range ones that are out there, we'd all benefit from hearing it. I've reached out to these vendors support for RC & Westin and they are "unclear" if it'll fit on 4xE. Someone hear has tried, in the spirit of this thread, let us know!

=M

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
First, thank you on both points Gator & Trailmax!

Anyone else here with experience with the Rough Country or Westin? The Asfir looks amazing and the price tag is almost 2X given it's aluminum, etc. I can eventually negotiate this one with my wife =), but if there's experience with the ~$200 range ones that are out there, we'd all benefit from hearing it. I've reached out to these vendors support for RC & Westin and they are "unclear" if it'll fit on 4xE. Someone hear has tried, in the spirit of this thread, let us know!

=M
No experience with any of the skids, but I can give you an idea of what you're looking to protect against. Whichever you pick, I would expect to hit it pretty hard. I think the tip is probably the most vulnerable and easy to damage.

I've been hoping for something like a Quiet Crawler to be released to just get rid of it.

IMG_5606.jpg

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
We took the 4xe on a trip to the Keys a week ago (it was awesome, as always), decided NOT to take the Tesla (don't ask ... but feel free :D ), but the one major longer-ish distance thing that I wanted to resolve in the 4xe was the lack of a dead pedal.

I had shopped a long while ago, nothing much outside of products that needed to be DIY-ed to fit (JL/U but not 4xe compatible), kind of just forgot about it, but took the plunge for this trip.

Went with the SHEAM, purchased through Amazon, had solid reviews, was on sale for like $63, and was "4xe compatible". Basically the top mounting bolt location is recessed about an inch in a 4xe, so instead of just using a nut, the 4xe uses a threaded stand-off and a bolt.

Install was pretty simple, some hex fasteners on the pedal assembly, a socket, room isn't great, but it's not terrible under the dash, depending on your flexibility :D Used the same mounting holes/positions as recommended in the comments/reviews of the product page since it's adjustable.

Really beefy construction, nice high quality fasteners, fits tight against the left side, position for me was excellent - made a HUGE difference for the drive (we're about 400 miles north in St. Augustine).

I originally had it angled up a touch more, but with some weight applied it moved slightly, but hit a point where the bracket has no more adjustment, so it can't move any further AND it's in a good spot (pretty close the the angle of the other pedals).

I didn't really experiment with the other mounting holes, there's a height position on the rear bracket - and sort of an angle position where the bracket mounts to the pedal itself, so it's probably pretty accommodating for different height people / driving positions (I'm 6' and use a pretty regular position, not too close but not way back).

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories 1688047047568

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories 1688047173828

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B9XCYNG2/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, please excuse the clean interior, I assure you, it was filled with sand again as soon as possible ...

hybrid_eg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 S13, 22 MS Plaid, '23 JLUR 4xe
Needed some more cup holders up front. Ended up going with Azuto from Amazon, quality is top notch, matches factory finish top to bottom. I didn’t want to use double side tape that came with it to secure to door panel and instead opted for some Velcro since I will be taking the doors off.. this way it still provides solid support with ability to be removed on the go. Fits a 26oz ice shaker no problem.. blocks about 3/8’s of mirror but didn’t bother me too much and I was able to see what I needed to change lanes safely. Have not tried with smaller bottles or cans, but by the looks of it, it likely won’t even be noticeable.

AZUTO Cup Holder for Jeep Wrangler (JL) / Gladiator (JT) Right-Side MHG-036 (Cup Holder Right) https://a.co/d/4Qsdoiw

IMG_1196.jpeg

IMG_1198.jpeg

IMG_1192.jpeg

IMG_1193.jpeg

IMG_1194.jpeg
Sponsored