KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
This is if you have LED lighting package ... But not sure....

Go to Uconnect. Under settings (it's buried in the menu and you may need to scroll down). You can only get to settings ACTIVE by putting the start button in Run mode (keep pressing its after accessory mode), you don't need to actually start the engine.

It's a bit tricky!

You can set the lights to remain on 30 seconds after ignition is killed, or longer.

You can play with the DRL checkbox or if you want just the halo DRL without fender lights.

11DBD32E-8444-481B-A558-46E313E81190.jpeg

D79A8270-1C09-4717-BAD7-3F66273EF7EE.jpeg
Sponsored

dangerz

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Man, that looks really good. I can't wait until I can buy these parts and add them to my JLU Sport S.

OP
OP
kculp

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Man, that looks really good. I can't wait until I can buy these parts and add them to my JLU Sport S.
I don't know how that will work with the MOPAR part. There's a dial on the light knob with the LED lighting package which was added at the factory, it includes just the "HALO" light (it looks like a donut-icon). This shuts down the fender LED (bar like in the pic above) and just operates the HALO running light.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I don't know how that will work with the MOPAR part. There's a dial on the light knob with the LED lighting package which was added at the factory, it includes just the "HALO" light (it looks like a donut-icon). This shuts down the fender LED (bar like in the pic above) and just operates the HALO running light.
Can the halos be turned off? Another member was trying to turn them off but the uconnect drl setting only turns off the fender drl.

OP
OP
kculp

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Can the halos be turned off? Another member was trying to turn them off but the uconnect drl setting only turns off the fender drl.
I've played around with this, the halo comes on with auto lights (as do the center head lamps). I think this is because these contribute to the brightness of the LED as a total lamp package. However, the halos are off when the dial is turned to manual head lamps, this isn't the most intuitive design. Does that answer your question?

The daylight running lights (DRL) on the indicator turn on the fender LEDs. If you want "only the halo" turn the light dial to the first position or on the halo symbol which they call a "parking light". You can see the halo indicator/parking light in this video (first setting). For some reason they skip over halo as a setting when it is so cool! I don't know why!!!

Again, I don't know what this looks like in the non-LED package JL as mine has the LED option installed so Uconnect under settings has lighting options for DRL (its a check box thing). In my mind, poor documentation, poor and confusing dial and buried deep in Uconnect. Still the LED option is worth it to me because of improved night driving.

Last edited:

Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I've played around with this, the halo comes on with auto lights (as do the center head lamps). I think this is because these contribute to the brightness of the LED as a total lamp package. However, the halos are off when the dial is turned to manual head lamps, this isn't the most intuitive design. If you want "only the halo" turn the light dial to the first position or on the halo symbol. You can see the halo indicator in this video, but for some reason they skip over it! I don't know why!!!

That O, or donut/halo icon as you referred to it, is just the standard off position. It's on my Sport S as well, which does not have LEDs or halos. Since the halos are daytime running lights, even when the dial is turned to the off position, the halos remain on.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
That O, or donut/halo icon as you referred to it, is just the standard off position. It's on my Sport S as well, which does not have LEDs or halos. Since the halos are daytime running lights, even when the dial is turned to the off position, the halos remain on.
I think this is part of the confusion. The halos stay on even when you turn off DRL in the Uconnect settings. So when the fender DRLs are off the halos remain on.

Maybe kculo can confirm this.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Confused. I want just halos for DRL, but also want to leave my dial on auto. So do I just have to turn of DRL in UConnect?

OP
OP
kculp

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
D20817D4-703D-4D69-9D4D-9DA9B99A379B.jpeg
I think you do just get halo and fender LED in the daytime on the auto. You probably don't know it, I didn't till I saw my wife drive up. If you turn off DRL in the Uconnect menu this effect doesn't turn on in the auto headlamp dial. Manual on/off on the dial only is for headlamps and there's one only for running lights. You are right though, it's just confusing. I think the halo and the fender LED are a package deal, you can't control separately. Welcome any other opinions!

Last edited:

Judeeduj

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JLU
This is if you have LED lighting package ... But not sure....

Go to Uconnect. Under settings (it's buried in the menu and you may need to scroll down). You can only get to settings ACTIVE by putting the start button in Run mode (keep pressing its after accessory mode), you don't need to actually start the engine.

It's a bit tricky!

You can set the lights to remain on 30 seconds after ignition is killed, or longer.

You can play with the DRL checkbox or if you want just the halo DRL without fender lights.

11DBD32E-8444-481B-A558-46E313E81190.jpeg

D79A8270-1C09-4717-BAD7-3F66273EF7EE.jpeg
Hi Ken,

I know this post is a few months old now, but Ive been breaking my head as to how I can get these Halo ring lights to work, I have the Sahara Unlimited JL Middle East spec with the Led lighting package and I've tried literally everything. (Full option excluding the heated seats)

Whether I start the engine or not, on the uConnect Light settings, I have only 4 options; 2 time based and 2 Tickbox options (one of them is "Headlights with wipers" which I have no Idea of its meaning) However none of them have anything even remotely related to do with Daytime Running Lights. Could you confirm with me that if you start your car normally and go into the light settings, do you get 4 options or 5 including the DRL tickbox, cuz that would mean I am not getting into the right setting mode which you mentioned early (settings ACTIVE).

I know this may be a couple months too late, but I was wondering if you could send me a list of detailed steps to do to get these lights working for me. Any help at all is appreciated. TIA

Sponsored

OP
OP
kculp

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Ken,

I know this post is a few months old now, but Ive been breaking my head as to how I can get these Halo ring lights to work, I have the Sahara Unlimited JL Middle East spec with the Led lighting package and I've tried literally everything. (Full option excluding the heated seats)

Whether I start the engine or not, on the uConnect Light settings, I have only 4 options; 2 time based and 2 Tickbox options (one of them is "Headlights with wipers" which I have no Idea of its meaning) However none of them have anything even remotely related to do with Daytime Running Lights. ..TIA
Hey Jude (sorry couldn't resist).

No problem.

I just set my lights to "auto" for headlamps. I never knew this, but your running lights are on (halo and fender only). I don't even bother with Unconnect just make sure DRL is on in the menu.

At the outset a Sahara has certain upticks... I am talking LED, right? Also note this is a $795 option. You didn't say. Non-LED headlamps don't do this (just checking). Fog lights are also a bit different. You turn them on and off by pushing the button in.

Have someone else drive and you'll see them coming down the road. Don't over analyze it (I did).... It's based on the sunlight sensor on the dash.

18659B22-1CB3-473A-BF57-4B0BC2E5C8C2.jpeg

Judeeduj

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JLU
Hey Jude (sorry couldn't resist).

No problem.

I just set my lights to "auto" for headlamps. I never knew this, but your running lights are on (halo and fender only). I don't even bother with Unconnect just make sure DRL is on in the menu.

At the outset a Sahara has certain upticks... I am talking LED, right? Also note this is a $795 option. You didn't say. Non-LED headlamps don't do this (just checking). Fog lights are also a bit different. You turn them on and off by pushing the button in.

Have someone else drive and you'll see them coming down the road. Don't over analyze it (I did).... It's based on the sunlight sensor on the dash.

18659B22-1CB3-473A-BF57-4B0BC2E5C8C2.jpeg
Hahahah No issues, its a great song!

So my fender running lights work perfectly, but my Halos dont turn on no matter what.

So if you can see from the picture below, it is the led lighting package, and from the second image with lights on; you will only see the fender lights but not the halos, maybe its not available on the GCC Spec for some reason but yeah. I have no options for DRL setting at all in my uconnect light menu and i dont think there is a workaround this.

it can be a new system update where we dont have access to adjust our DRL settings. But thank you soo much though!

Any idea what the headlight with wipers mean by any chance?

5fe174a8-b6d2-40bd-8e49-7ceb26fc9b79.jpg
8dc3444e-7e04-4368-b623-cc490135a67f.jpg

OP
OP
kculp

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No, it's under settings, lights....Here's a snap shot. Make sure there's a checkbox here.

22E3EF67-2001-4AEC-A70C-F62F10E0A941.jpeg

Judeeduj

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JLU
No, it's under settings, lights....Here's a snap shot. Make sure there's a checkbox here.

22E3EF67-2001-4AEC-A70C-F62F10E0A941.jpeg

So sadly,

Ive come to the conclusion that the Gulf spec Wranglers do not allow you to play with the DRL setting, as the option isn't event present in the Uconnect light menu. The car comes with the fender DRLs active and the headlamp Halos inactive with no way of switching them on.

However the American spec Wrangler does come with the DRL light tick box option in the settings menu as shown in the picture that you've uploaded in your last reply to me.

Pretty disheartening to know that ive paid for the light and its present in the headlamp but dont have the ability to access it. If anyone knows a way to get into the Administrator Uconnect option where i have all the options which aren't only locked to country spec would be my only way to get the halo light working.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Judeeduj

It may very well be that the Tazer JLK or Tazer JL Mini would be able to help you with this issue. Both programmer's can enable or disable DRL and give you a choice which lights work as DRL's..

I am not completely sure but I believe it will.

Do a forum research regarding the Tazer JL or Tazer JL Mini. I have attached the Tazer JL manual..
Sponsored

Attachments