Dash settings keep changing

JeepJeepJL

First Name
Missy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Almost every time I start my Jeep my dash settings have changed. I normally have in the upper left corner it telling me how many miles to empty, when I get back in my Jeep and restart it though it has changed back to direction. We recently added the tazer so not sure if that is what is causing it. When I go to change it back to miles to empty it is already checked like that is what is supposed to be showing but isnā€™t. Any ideas?

7214EB1B-22FC-416D-BB0C-E9A9D24C66A7.jpeg
Sponsored

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Bump. Also having this issue come up randomly. Haven't noticed a trend when it happens.

Sponsored

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
I have to say that I am not a fan of running the tazer on these JLs. I actually removed mine even though it technically does what it claims to do, and is helpful for some things.
As we have all learned the JL is an massive electrical mystery and when something starts flaking out it is near impossible to track down sometimes, and the last thing I want in the mix is another device potentially sending bad code throughout the Jeep.
You do you, but I won't be using any of these devices on the JL. When I took my tazer out I used and ECRI to adjust for the Tire Size and gears and then removed it, since you don't need to leave it in place.

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
If I recall, there was a software update they did on mine to fix it.
Iā€™d read that in other threads but seemed to be a mixed bag there, too. I was hoping removing the aux battery from the system would prevent incorrect voltage that could hiccup the software, but that didnā€™t alleviate it.

Beyond my upper left / upper right defaulting to factory settings until I go to the menus and press up or down, my odometer sometimes doesnā€™t show up too. It feels like bad software not made to handle exceptions.

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUS, 22 Ram, 14 Must GT, 94 Cobra
Iā€™d read that in other threads but seemed to be a mixed bag there, too. I was hoping removing the aux battery from the system would prevent incorrect voltage that could hiccup the software, but that didnā€™t alleviate it.

Beyond my upper left / upper right defaulting to factory settings until I go to the menus and press up or down, my odometer sometimes doesnā€™t show up too. It feels like bad software not made to handle exceptions.
This sounds like my exact problem. I tried disconnecting the battery, reconnecting uconnect, and messing with fuses. None worked, the flash fixed it. Sorry, but it's probably a field trip to the dealership.

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Do you have the software update code for me to request if? I figure itā€™s fairly unique.

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the software update code for me to request if? I figure itā€™s fairly unique.
Unfortunately no, and I replaced my 2018 JL last year. The dealership found it pretty quick when I told them there was a TSB or a star case (don't remember which).

On a positive note, you could always get it fixed on Saturday, because the football season already seems to be shot šŸ˜”.

Anyway, let's go mountaineers... Sigh

Sponsored

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scratch that, I looked under the issues, recalls, TSBs thread and it looks like it's TSB 08-023-19 Instrument Panel Cluster Updates

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Scratch that, I looked under the issues, recalls, TSBs thread and it looks like it's TSB 08-023-19 Instrument Panel Cluster Updates
Going to make a few recordings of it as it happens so I can take it in for the update. Donā€™t want to get in there and it not reproduce the error on the spot.

Also, either the TSB wasnā€™t done or the system doesnā€™t show TSBs. Service guy said it only showed recalls the previous owner had done.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
4 years now mine has done these things, along with inching up on the speedometer a couple MPH each start until after 5 or 6 starts it resets to zero.

The dash cluster presets tend to return to normal after a few restarts.
Sponsored