Dash padded part identification

edaguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I've been looking through all of the Mopar parts sites and drawings to find the part number for this padded piece around the temperature controls on my 2018 JL Sport. I can find almost all of the other parts in the drawings but not this piece. Any ideas?
Jeep Wrangler JL Dash padded part identification Jeep Dash Padded Part
Sponsored

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I've been looking through all of the Mopar parts sites and drawings to find the part number for this padded piece around the temperature controls on my 2018 JL Sport. I can find almost all of the other parts in the drawings but not this piece. Any ideas?
Jeep Wrangler JL Dash padded part identification Jeep Dash Padded Part
6CB71TX7AE
Just got this part thru OEM Part Source for $33

Last edited:
OP
OP

edaguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
6CB71TX7AE
Just got this party thru OEM Part Source for $33
This is weird. I looked up the part number you gave on a couple of different mopar sites (like mymoparparts.com) and at first it brings up the drawing showing the correct part. When I use the 'check this fits your vehicle' option, it pops up a different drawing and says this piece is #5 in the drawing, a completely different part. Same thing happens when I go to
parts.moparonlineparts.com. Also on oempartsource.com.

I have a 2018 Wrangler JL Sport......

Jeep Wrangler JL Dash padded part identification 1609624336769

Last edited:
OP
OP

edaguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
All these companies must tie into the same database or something. They all have the same 'verify your vehicle' procedure. If I enter my vehicle (2018 JL 3.6L) all these sites popup the wrong drawing and part. If I chose 2020 JL Sport 3.6L, then it pops up the correct drawing and part. If you try it, you'll see what I mean. Don't want to think I'm ordering the right part and assume that they're pulling up the wrong drawing, only to get the incorrect part. Thanks for the help, I'll probably try the '2020' option.....
Sponsored