Dampener replacement

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Anyone get on replaced lately ?.Did it solve wobble?Im waiting on my replacement.Was suppose to be here on 2nd .Rep said it’s a new improved replacement
Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Yes the whole steering is much tighter. Maybe there was something else loose that they fixed (did not mention it) but it feels completely different.

jeepthang

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Anyone get on replaced lately ?.Did it solve wobble?Im waiting on my replacement.Was suppose to be here on 2nd .Rep said it’s a new improved replacement
Yes it was a vast improvement over the original one "at first" installation. My dealership replaced mine with another Mopar AD version. The night I picked it up and drove it home it was tighter, more solid, and taking bumps was greatly improved. I thought it was fixed and I was loving my Jeep again.....

However about 3 weeks later it has softened up and returned to its normal behavior. I took a long wknd trip with the family and upon our highway commute back home, I noticed the wobble and bump steer has returned along with the loose steering and wandering. I am considering replacing it with the Fox SS so I can control the dampening but like many others on this forum feel, something else is going on here with the front end geometry of these vehicles. Already had the multi-point front end inspection done to verify ball joints and control arms when i had the SS replaced. Back to square one I am

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Yes it was a vast improvement over the original one "at first" installation. My dealership replaced mine with another Mopar AD version. The night I picked it up and drove it home it was tighter, more solid, and taking bumps was greatly improved. I thought it was fixed and I was loving my Jeep again.....

However about 3 weeks later it has softened up and returned to its normal behavior. I took a long wknd trip with the family and upon our highway commute back home, I noticed the wobble and bump steer has returned along with the loose steering and wandering. I am considering replacing it with the Fox SS so I can control the dampening but like many others on this forum feel, something else is going on here with the front end geometry of these vehicles. Already had the multi-point front end inspection done to verify ball joints and control arms when i had the SS replaced. Back to square one I am
You can spend near $1,000 on steersmarts components. This has worked for some. lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
rubicon20032003

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl

Just keep taking back .There doing a buyback if not here Tuesday or if it doesn’t solve problem

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Just keep taking back .There doing a buyback if not here Tuesday or if it doesn’t solve problem

I replaced mine with a falcon 2.1 for non lifted vehicles. My mechanic also had my tires balanced which he stated was the real problem.. Anyway have zero issues now in relation to the wobble , now my next problem is the steering locking up while driving!!!
Sponsored