swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Great video.. I'm trying to decide on white or red. Last thing before I order and wait 5 weeks :(
Sponsored

OP
OP
dbungard

dbungard

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Great video.. I'm trying to decide on white or red. Last thing before I order and wait 5 weeks :(
White was easy choice for us since we live on a dirt road and anything but white is impossible to keep looking clean. the red is pretty red, lots of 'pop' to it. Tough call but I think you'll be happy either way

OP
OP
dbungard

dbungard

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
here's an install video of some Yakima accessories:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
When I had my JKU I made this custom tailgate table from Starboard marine board. Basically HDPE plastic board, and a stainless piano hinge and hardware from Lowes and some paracord. Just have to drill a few small holes in the plastic tailgate cover to feed the paracord through to secure it to features on the metal behind it. About $35 in parts. I use it for cutting, cooking with an MSR backpacking stove, etc. I put extra loops of in the paracord supports and ends so I can hang utensils and garbage bags and such. I also embedded some magnets into the face of the board when opened to hold knife blades in place and keep from sliding around or off.

It folds up and secured with a cinch-lock through the middle hole I have drilled in the board, or backup security from the Nite-Ize adjustable bungee that goes to loops tied into the paracord supports.

I also think its great that Jeep designed in a flat cup rest on the new JLU tailgates on the top right.

Table_closed 2.jpg

Table_closed.jpg

Table_open.jpg

Table_open2.jpg
[/QUO Very cool you made one a lot like the Mopar sells for around 280 lol. and it cost you a lot less lol and made stronger lol nice idea

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I went white!

Great video, will definitely help me out in a few weeks

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Warn Zeon 10S Winch Install video.

Where did you mount your license plate or how do you mount the license plate ? in Texas we have to have a front license plate or they will write you a ticket

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you mount your license plate or how do you mount the license plate ? in Texas we have to have a front license plate or they will write you a ticket
I've never put a front plate on any of my cars and never been bugged by it, even when pulled over. But I'm in Austin and our cops are more lenient than most. Going on 10 years now. It is a $230 vanity ticket if you do get one, I believe. Can probably just send a picture of your car with plate on it to get it waived by the court in the end.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I've never put a front plate on any of my cars and never been bugged by it, even when pulled over. But I'm in Austin and our cops are more lenient than most. Going on 10 years now. It is a $230 vanity ticket if you do get one, I believe. Can probably just send a picture of your car with plate on it to get it waived by the court in the end.
I'm in Dallas Fort Worth some police departments don't care some will pull you over and write your ticket. Some friends have had it happen to them. even some places won't give inspection without it some people go by the book it's hit or miss

Parbalicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Added Mopar door sill guards front and rear

Mopar_doorsill_front.jpg
Mopar_doorsill2.jpg
Mopar_doorsillrear.jpg
Looks amazing. Have same color rubicon. Plasti dip question regarding hinges....No issues when opening doors? Wondering if plasti dip will crack or if there is enough gap in hinge when door opens and closes. Thanks. Chris.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
. I hope it is 5 weeks for you. some people have waited up to 12 weeks they have said

OP
OP
dbungard

dbungard

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Looks amazing. Have same color rubicon. Plasti dip question regarding hinges....No issues when opening doors? Wondering if plasti dip will crack or if there is enough gap in hinge when door opens and closes. Thanks. Chris.
I haven't had any problems with the Plasti-Dip cracking at the joint in the hinge. I just opened and closed the doors while it was relatively fresh after application and that cracks it enough so there's a clean seam there that has remained bonded.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
. I hope it is 5 weeks for you. some people have waited up to 12 weeks they have said
I waited about 5 weeks exactly actually, my JLUR has about 2500 miles on it now :)

Most of those 12wk orders were during the welding/etc/everythings-broken early builds

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Cool I'm glad they got it fixed maybe I'll get mine soon

Parbalicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I haven't had any problems with the Plasti-Dip cracking at the joint in the hinge. I just opened and closed the doors while it was relatively fresh after application and that cracks it enough so there's a clean seam there that has remained bonded.
Thanks for the quick reply. Really appreciate it.
Sponsored