Sponsored

D44s & 40s, who has made them work

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
A pair of 1 ton axles is great, but not within the budget of everyone.

Who here is running 40s on stock axles?
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
A pair of 1 ton axles is great, but not within the budget of everyone.

Who here is running 40s on stock axles?
We have on a customer build. Did the full artec truss, rcv two piece shafts in the front, chromoly rear shafts and psc steering.

regeared to 5.13 which the customer loves but I wouldve preferred 5.38s. You can baby them and make them last, just depends on your right foot and driving style.

For our JL, I’m looking for some junk yard tons to build. Just have to figure out all the little things like abs tone rings and the supporting parts

brett

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
:CWL: Wise advice I've certainly not lived by

When the JL was released everyone was talking about the newer and stronger JL44 axles. All the people who talked about running 40's on the stock axles said it would be fine. But most of them have moved on. The harsh truth is the only people advocating 40's on stock axles haven't made the jump to tons yet. The same way TJ owners with the 4banger say it is just fine.

Your stock axles carry a market value around $4k or better. That goes a long ways towards replacement axles. So I find it better to promote that path.

I wish someone had told me 20 years ago when I got into the Jeep thing that you should pick what you want and work towards it. That's your cheapest path to get what you want.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
It all depends on how you plan on using the Jeep, like Brett mentioned above, and how much body trimming you are willing to do. I'm running 38x13.50 Milestar Pat's which are closer to their marked size than the ko2's are. That was one of the main factors for me choosing them, as it served as a good compromise of a larger tire without the added risk of going full 40’s. Also, the 38's require some trimming of the rear pinch seam, whereas the 40’s need a bit more than just a trim.

A while back, I made some noise here about treating my 44's to rcv's front and back, a regear, and ARB air lockers while in the diffs. It was just typing out loud, without having run the numbers involved. Another member was kind enough to point out the same as Dookie, that it makes way more sense to put that money towards new axles. And the 44's are easier to sell when they don't come with the ? of who was in them switching parts.
Sponsored