Maxxis Razr MT - Has anyone ran them?

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Hey, y'all I've been looking up and down, left and right trying to find information on these tires. I understand they're kind of new, but my research for the mental build of my jeep is ongoing. I'm looking at these because I want to daily them, but also go out with some friends on weekends about once a month down here in south Florida. The 40k mile warranty is the most tempting bit.

That being said, I haven't found any long term reviews with tread wear estimates or weight in a 35in size. I'm kind of cross researching these and the trail grapplers.

I haven't found much on the road noise but the one video I found it doesn't sound too bad, I figure wind noise and the aerodynamics of our jeeps and the radio will mask some of it.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Heard nothing but good reviews on Maxxis tires, I'll be shopping them hard when it's time for my next set of shoes :)

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, y'all I've been looking up and down, left and right trying to find information on these tires. I understand they're kind of new, but my research for the mental build of my jeep is ongoing. I'm looking at these because I want to daily them, but also go out with some friends on weekends about once a month down here in south Florida. The 40k mile warranty is the most tempting bit.

That being said, I haven't found any long term reviews with tread wear estimates or weight in a 35in size. I'm kind of cross researching these and the trail grapplers.

I haven't found much on the road noise but the one video I found it doesn't sound too bad, I figure wind noise and the aerodynamics of our jeeps and the radio will mask some of it.
Here are some technical specs of some tires in that size. I did not include tires I was not looking to purchase such as Milestars etc. it that they are bad, it here in AZ, they have a less than stellar life since they are so soft. They are great off-road though from what I have heard.

82658CD0-406D-4BC3-A396-A77CE304323A.jpeg

OP
OP
CptFloridaMan

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Heard nothing but good reviews on Maxxis tires, I'll be shopping them hard when it's time for my next set of shoes :)
I've only seen rather positive reviews on them too. Definitely piqued my interest for sure.

Here are some technical specs of some tires in that size. I did not include tires I was not looking to purchase such as Milestars etc. it that they are bad, it here in AZ, they have a less than stellar life since they are so soft. They are great off-road though from what I have heard.

82658CD0-406D-4BC3-A396-A77CE304323A.jpeg
Man you just saved me a buttload of time, I started making spreadsheets for parts and upgrades I wanna do to the jeep and was working my way to tires. Very helpful:like:. The mythical number to me is the weight of the razr mts now.

I've heard good things about the patagonias and I'd be interested in running them but I'd realistically see a tread of maybe 30k miles. Pricing them for 5 around $1,100-1,200 on walmart and shopping around I'm not sure that price per mile is as good as other mud tires.

I'm trying to find harder compound mud tires not like the patagonias cause it's always so hot here in miami like arizona.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Coworker that off roads with me has them and he makes it everywhere we go. The 35 12.5 17 are E rated. He only has 5k or less miles on them so I can’t comment on wear.

6FE7C5B3-2344-4E06-BB49-743B3EF63ACC.jpeg

12077241-87F7-4F36-8EEC-0E838D2F6924.jpeg

Shack

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have had them on for about 500 miles, so I can't say how long they will last or if they will get louder over time (assume they will) but they aren't much louder than the BFG KO2's. They are stiffer, but the ride is very acceptable. I'm running a 37x13.50x20. I found a weight somewhere when I was looking that said these are 77 lbs each. with rims that puts me at 117 lbs each

FB_IMG_1583540288448.jpg
Sponsored