MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have pictures of where to grease the seat?
I thought they were in this thread but I tried that and it didnā€™t work for me. What fixed it was having the dealer swap the seat base. Are you still under warranty? Would be the best route.

jabtyler

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlur
no warranty for me. luckily the only people who usually sit there are my Girlfriend and my daughter, not at the same time, and they are both light enough I barely hear it. when some one larger is there I hear it a lot.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

CJJLUR78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Willys, and previously owner of a 85 CJ-7
Interesting I am having a similar thunk, clunk sound coming from the drivers side rear seat. Itā€™s a brand new JLUR with 500miles @JeepCares. When itā€™s folded flat it goes away but when itā€™s up it makes the noise around turns. Itā€™s not every turn. Also I can recreate the noise by pulling and pushing the seat when itā€™s in the up position. I havenā€™t taken it to the dealer yet but now that I located I am going to see what they say about it. Hopefully this is an easy fix.

Sponsored

Mikepa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '11 LR4, '21 F-150 FX4, '08 620i Gator
Not wanting to argue with the dealer about this problem or lose my rig for a week to fix it, I solved this myself on my passenger seat. Just a generous amount of 3-in-1 oil applied to the collars on both sides of the steel rod at the back of the seat. It may be temporary but it has held up for months .

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Iā€™ve had this same issue with the passenger seat. I always forget to mention it when I take my JLUR in. It doesnā€™t help that the experience is rarely pleasant but to go back to the noise, I need to do something about. Iā€™ve had it for pretty much the entire time Iā€™ve owned this Jeep (might have appeared within the first couple hundred miles) now, at 10k miles, I just canā€™t deal with it anymore.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Anyone replace the seat frame on the own? Mine is popping, tried to grease it, that worked for awhile. Isnt their a TSB on this now. Rather not let the dealer fuck up my paint and trim.

Lou_JLU

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara, 2019 JL Wrangler Sahara
Anyone replace the seat frame on the own? Mine is popping, tried to grease it, that worked for awhile. Isnt their a TSB on this now. Rather not let the dealer fuck up my paint and trim.
I had the dealership take care of the replacement. They did it right and it was done in about 1 1/2 hour. Seat pop has been gone about 6 months now.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I had the dealership take care of the replacement. They did it right and it was done in about 1 1/2 hour. Seat pop has been gone about 6 months now.
If it only took them 1 1/2 cant be that hard. The part is only $80 and I can probably find a 15% coupon. To me that's worth just doing it in my garage. I'm just curious if the frame simply unbolts from the seat or if anything special is needed for the job.

Sponsored

Mikepa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '11 LR4, '21 F-150 FX4, '08 620i Gator
If it only took them 1 1/2 cant be that hard. The part is only $80 and I can probably find a 15% coupon. To me that's worth just doing it in my garage. I'm just curious if the frame simply unbolts from the seat or if anything special is needed for the job.
If you are comfortable with a rachet set, disconnecting a couple electrical harnesses and strong enough to slowly remove the weight of the seat eiher back or out of the rig, you will be good.

I removed the seat by myself (putting painters tape on the painted door sill for protection) to find the source of the squeak and remedy it with 3-in-1 last summer. Very simple.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
If you are comfortable with a rachet set, disconnecting a couple electrical harnesses and strong enough to slowly remove the weight of the seat eiher back or out of the rig, you will be good.

I removed the seat by myself (putting painters tape on the painted door sill for protection) to find the source of the squeak and remedy it with 3-in-1 last summer. Very simple.
I have already tried greasing it. It worked for a bit but came back.

Looking for anyone that has swapped out the frame with the revised one.

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
Has any forum member replaced the seat base themself?
Iā€™m out of warranty but have avoided the dealer service department if at all possible since I bought my Jeep new in 2018.
Iā€˜ve had the passenger seat popping noise for several months now (driving me nuts), but I just today ran across this thread confirming the fix.
Iā€™ve got all of the tools and determination to replace it myself, I was just wondering if thereā€™s anyone here that might have any advice or tips they could offer.

Itā€˜s interesting that the current part # is 68276600AG, which supersedes five prior versions of the part - 68276600AA, 68276600AB, 68276600AC, 68276600AD, 68276600AE. Surely they got it right on the sixth try.

@BrntWS6 did you ever replace yours?

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
@AllMoparParts.com

Benny - do you have part # 68276600AG in stock or is it available? If not, how about one of the other superseded/improved versions of # 68276600AA?
Sponsored