Cost to Replace Jeep JL Backup Camera?

Mathami

First Name
Saeed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 4D Sport
I have a JL 2020 Sport without rear camera(which I totally regret) , I bought the camera (68452959AB) and couldnt find any harness or cables related to it on MoparOneonline to connect it from the camera to the car screen , are they by other name or part number? because the part mentioned( mopar high mounted stop lamp wiring ) looks short, thanks.
Sponsored

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Does anyone know the part# for a 2021 backup camera?

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
My rear view camera lens got scratched somehow and I just ordered the replacement. Was this a complicated install or pretty straightforward?
It’s been awhile but Do you have the part # for just the lens? Been searching and haven’t found it yet. I just need to place the lens as mine for broken. Thanks!

Rb75

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It’s been awhile but Do you have the part # for just the lens? Been searching and haven’t found it yet. I just need to place the lens as mine for broken. Thanks!
Sorry, I'm just seeing this. Did you find the part? I have the receipt - Part Number 68452959AB "Camera-Rear View" and paid $92.74 at MoparWholesaleParts.com. I found a video on Youtube that made the install pretty straightforward.

Sponsored

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
Are there any other options for higher quality backup cameras that wire up and work like stock?
Higher quality? I got to be honest, this is one of the best 'looking' cameras I've seen! Super high resolution and colors look great. My only complaint is that low light could be better. Not sure if all cameras look the same on different infotainment screens, but mine is the 7".

Kind of hard to take a picture of it, but even here looks pretty good.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cost to Replace Jeep JL Backup Camera? 20210528_152010

discobean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Higher quality? I got to be honest, this is one of the best 'looking' cameras I've seen! Super high resolution and colors look great. My only complaint is that low light could be better. Not sure if all cameras look the same on different infotainment screens, but mine is the 7".

Kind of hard to take a picture of it, but even here looks pretty good.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cost to Replace Jeep JL Backup Camera? 20210528_152010
Yes, in 2021 models I hear the rear camera quality dropped significantly, and I can tell a huge difference between my front camera to the rear camera. Both in day and night.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I'm just seeing this. Did you find the part? I have the receipt - Part Number 68452959AB "Camera-Rear View" and paid $92.74 at MoparWholesaleParts.com. I found a video on Youtube that made the install pretty straightforward.
Thanks. No I don’t have the part yet so that’s great timing. Thanks for the part #. I’ll go purchase. Good to know about the YouTube video as that’s the next step. Lol.

elieah

First Name
Elie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Hello! i tried searching youtube for that vid but couldn't find it... can you please share the link?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hello! i tried searching youtube for that vid but couldn't find it... can you please share the link?
@elieah
Not that difficult... here is one video that shows the deed ... The guy in the video actually did a very decent video in regard to this....

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Careful, when you remove that black plastic panel on the inner of the tail gate....

It is really easy to have one of the green retaining clips fall into the hole that holds the clip on the tail gate itself.

Part number for the green clip is Mopar 0651 1829 AA (they cost about $.66 each)

The green clips can be had in packs of 5 and part # for the 5 pack, is Mopar 0651 1829 AA-005

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgot to mention....

When you go to release the red connector in regard to the 3rd Brake light.... you need to release #1 in the pic below and then push in firmly on #2 and hold in, in order to get the connector to release.

Gutys/gals will often release #1 and then fail at their disconnect attempt because they are not aware they have to press in and hold #2 in the pic below..

I use a nylon spudger tool to depress #2, but you can use a small flat tip screwdriver, etc..

So, release #1 and then push in #2..... hold it end and then gently wiggle/pull connector loose.

DO, do remember #2 .....! Why, because you will find over your lifertime, that #2 and need to deal with it ...... to disconnect a connector on a few different connectors on the JL.JT... other vehicles...

Jeep Wrangler JL Cost to Replace Jeep JL Backup Camera? 2222

elieah

First Name
Elie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Forgot to mention....

When you go to release the red connector in regard to the 3rd Brake light.... you need to release #1 in the pic below and then push in firmly on #2 and hold in, in order to get the connector to release.

Gutys/gals will often release #1 and then fail at their disconnect attempt because they are not aware they have to press in and hold #2 in the pic below..

I use a nylon spudger tool to depress #2, but you can use a small flat tip screwdriver, etc..

So, release #1 and then push in #2..... hold it end and then gently wiggle/pull connector loose.

DO, do remember #2 .....! Why, because you will find over your lifertime, that #2 and need to deal with it ...... to disconnect a connector on a few different connectors on the JL.JT... other vehicles...

Forgot to mention....

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation, much appreciated.

Newtopia

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Wrangler
Hey guys just want to give a heads up there are two different rear cameras used in the JL wrangler. Found out the hard way. #68288397AC (older version) and #04672585AB. My 2018 had the camera ending an AC and I replaced it with the camera ending in AB because they looked identical and AB was cheaper. Only to find out you’ll get only half a screen and a static like line in the bottom of your screen, guide lines also won’t work. All issues resolved when replacing with the AC model. So just be aware which one you have before replacing.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cost to Replace Jeep JL Backup Camera? 26B885C2-FF58-4F6C-98D9-2AA9F608BCD7

Jeep Wrangler JL Cost to Replace Jeep JL Backup Camera? 37FBF68F-0559-4C70-81EF-615AF6102BCC
Sponsored