Corrosion on JL Door

Redneck_Jedi

First Name
Charles
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good, Charles! We look forward to assisting you. Have a great holiday as well!
Alex
JeepCares
Hi Alex @JeepCares

I hope you had nice Holiday. I just dropped my Jeep off at the dealer for repair of the corrosion. Is there any information you need?

Thanks,
Charles

Advertisement

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
Hi Alex @JeepCares

I hope you had nice Holiday. I just dropped my Jeep off at the dealer for repair of the corrosion. Is there any information you need?

Thanks,
Charles
I also have an OB with corrosion....I hope they warranty the paint and work for the life of ownership....not happy with this brand-new vehicle with paint defects...unacceptable!!!!!!

JeepCares

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Alex @JeepCares

Thanks,
Charles
Hi Charles,
If you would like a case escalated, please send our team a PM so we can collect the appropriate information.

I also have an OB with corrosion....I hope they warranty the paint and work for the life of ownership....not happy with this brand-new vehicle with paint defects...unacceptable!!!!!!
Hi Darran,
I know we have reached out to your previously, but just wanted to remind you that should you visit your dealer, please feel free to PM us.
Alex
JeepCares

Redneck_Jedi

First Name
Charles
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Charles,
If you would like a case escalated, please send our team a PM so we can collect the appropriate informa

Alex
JeepCares
Hi Alex,

I just PM'd. I had the repair done in last month, but the issue is already returning.

Thanks,
C

LastMango

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Hey gang. See the thread called “bubbles under paint” (or similar). Lots of info & photos in that thread about this same issue. Best of luck!

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
They have had mine over a month fixing paint issues. If it isn’t done correctly this time I have a lawyer ready.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Anyone figure out whats causing it at the hinges?

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Jeep doesn’t primer the doors prior to mounting them. Water seeps in and causes galvanic corrosion. That’s pretty much the easiest way to explain it. I had rust on the side of my hood for no apparent reason.

SaltyJeepGuy

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport
My 2020 Jeep is my 6th and by far the best minus a few things but the most disheartening is the corrosion. I noticed the hood hinge only months after owning it but it’s out of sight out of mind but now the doors hinges are corroding and I’m not happy at all. Here’s the most expensive Jeep ever using the most sophisticated assembly lines, paint processes and materials but never before has a prior Jeep of mine done this so quickly. I baby my Jeep like most others so it’s not from neglect but poor design, process and execution. I have the stingray color, love it and the clear coat shines like no other so the fix Jeep has put in place to repaint my Jeep is completely unacceptable because I can spot a car that has been repainted a mile away and seeing mine when I walk up to it daily would irritate me knowing it has not been in an accident. Matching the clear coat texture, color and blend on 4 doors would be obvious and not fair to any owner who buys a brand new vehicle to have something that looks new. If we bought used that’s one thing but we didn’t so has anyone been successful in a full door replacement? Sadly even a née door is a temporary fix until they get to the root of the problem and fix it but it seems Jeep has just accepted the poor quality seeing this was happening 2 years before mine was made on 9/20. Thank god I leased this one, I can see it hurting the resale and if they don’t take care of it I have the luxury of handing them the keys and getting my deposit back, well at least I would try 😆

7216DE98-ED82-447D-B4DC-6FBDF7E86615.jpeg

6ACE6493-8F16-4BAF-9DA0-E34CE84F94D7.jpeg

Advertisement

Motor City Aftermarket

Advertisement