Sponsored

Corrosion on JL Door

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good, Charles! We look forward to assisting you. Have a great holiday as well!
Alex
JeepCares
Hi Alex @JeepCares

I hope you had nice Holiday. I just dropped my Jeep off at the dealer for repair of the corrosion. Is there any information you need?

Thanks,
Charles
Sponsored

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
Hi Alex @JeepCares

I hope you had nice Holiday. I just dropped my Jeep off at the dealer for repair of the corrosion. Is there any information you need?

Thanks,
Charles
I also have an OB with corrosion....I hope they warranty the paint and work for the life of ownership....not happy with this brand-new vehicle with paint defects...unacceptable!!!!!!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Alex @JeepCares

Thanks,
Charles
Hi Charles,
If you would like a case escalated, please send our team a PM so we can collect the appropriate information.

I also have an OB with corrosion....I hope they warranty the paint and work for the life of ownership....not happy with this brand-new vehicle with paint defects...unacceptable!!!!!!
Hi Darran,
I know we have reached out to your previously, but just wanted to remind you that should you visit your dealer, please feel free to PM us.
Alex
JeepCares

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Charles,
If you would like a case escalated, please send our team a PM so we can collect the appropriate informa

Alex
JeepCares
Hi Alex,

I just PM'd. I had the repair done in last month, but the issue is already returning.

Thanks,
C

Sponsored

LastMango

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon (replaced 2018 JLU Sport S)
Hey gang. See the thread called ā€œbubbles under paintā€ (or similar). Lots of info & photos in that thread about this same issue. Best of luck!

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
They have had mine over a month fixing paint issues. If it isnā€™t done correctly this time I have a lawyer ready.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Anyone figure out whats causing it at the hinges?

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Jeep doesnā€™t primer the doors prior to mounting them. Water seeps in and causes galvanic corrosion. Thatā€™s pretty much the easiest way to explain it. I had rust on the side of my hood for no apparent reason.

SaltyJeepGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport
My 2020 Jeep is my 6th and by far the best minus a few things but the most disheartening is the corrosion. I noticed the hood hinge only months after owning it but itā€™s out of sight out of mind but now the doors hinges are corroding and Iā€™m not happy at all. Hereā€™s the most expensive Jeep ever using the most sophisticated assembly lines, paint processes and materials but never before has a prior Jeep of mine done this so quickly. I baby my Jeep like most others so itā€™s not from neglect but poor design, process and execution. I have the stingray color, love it and the clear coat shines like no other so the fix Jeep has put in place to repaint my Jeep is completely unacceptable because I can spot a car that has been repainted a mile away and seeing mine when I walk up to it daily would irritate me knowing it has not been in an accident. Matching the clear coat texture, color and blend on 4 doors would be obvious and not fair to any owner who buys a brand new vehicle to have something that looks new. If we bought used thatā€™s one thing but we didnā€™t so has anyone been successful in a full door replacement? Sadly even a nĆ©e door is a temporary fix until they get to the root of the problem and fix it but it seems Jeep has just accepted the poor quality seeing this was happening 2 years before mine was made on 9/20. Thank god I leased this one, I can see it hurting the resale and if they donā€™t take care of it I have the luxury of handing them the keys and getting my deposit back, well at least I would try šŸ˜†

7216DE98-ED82-447D-B4DC-6FBDF7E86615.jpeg

6ACE6493-8F16-4BAF-9DA0-E34CE84F94D7.jpeg

Sponsored

Jaime91911

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler jlu
My 2018 JL has what appears to be rust under the paint just below the window on the driver rear. I took it to the dealership for this and a steering issue last week. The body shop manager told me that due to the location and the fact that its rust they will not warranty the repair and would be requesting a new door from FCA... Well he called me yesterday to tell me that FCA denied the replacement, and that they informed him that I needed to take the vehicle to another Jeep Body Shop that will warranty the repair...

Has anyone experienced this run around? Its annoying enough that a jeep with 10k miles has a phantom steering issue and corrosion already, but FCA's response is to tell me I need to shop it around town for someone that will assume responsibility. This is my first Jeep purchase and likely my last after all this.
I just took mine to see if they guarantee mine
Same problem
Corrosion in the hinges
The dealer told me, they donā€™t do it any more, because they donā€™t have a soluciĆ³n
Any one knows something I can do
Or where to go

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
Same problem
Corrosion in the hinges
The dealer told me, they donā€™t do it any more, because they donā€™t have a soluciĆ³n
Or where to go
just got mine back from the dealer they sprayed both sides of all the hinges, but has to go back due to orange peel and some fisheye....Im over it to be honest Ive never had a car that has this issue....so frustrating....really thinking about getting rid of it.....and never buying a mopar product...spend half my time going back and forth the dealer not my idea of having a brand-new vehicle

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep rubicon jl
Same problem
Corrosion in the hinges
Or where to go

Im literally on my way to pick mine up right now from the body shop they covered everything under the power train warranty it took about a week I had this issue on all 4 doors and a little on the hood so maybe you should try another dealer

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
Im literally on my way to pick mine up right now from the body shop they covered everything under the power train warranty it took about a week I had this issue on all 4 doors and a little on the hood so maybe you should try another dealer
unfortunately I'm my second dealer and no one else around does it...dealers that is.... I also picked mine up today...
Sponsored