Sponsored

Cooling seats!?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
My understanding is because the seats would have to perforated and perforated seats getting wet is a problem ie rain and forging.
Not quite - Jeep offers perforated leather from the factory. It's an upgrade option.

My understanding is that the limitation is due to the fans themselves not being water resistant/proof - perforated leather itself is not a limitation, though.

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Not quite - Jeep offers perforated leather from the factory. It's an upgrade option.

My understanding is that the limitation is due to the fans themselves not being water resistant/proof - perforated leather itself is not a limitation, though.
Makes since. But I can't find perforated leather as an option for the Wrangler.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Makes since. But I can't find perforated leather as an option for the Wrangler.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...s-order-bank-is-open.1467/page-28#post-242654

Bullet point #4 in Jay's post linked above (also, photo #4 in the post above).

I had added to this to my order for a brief period - until I learned that to get ALL of the leather trim, you have to keep the normal leather option AND pay for the added perforated (or stitched) seat option. That was not worth it to me, so I went back to the normal leather package.

Gospeed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Not offered for the same reason that you cannot get power seats. Not a cost effective way to make all of those mechanisms and wiring waterproof.

Sponsored

GlockandRoll

First Name
Chad Leeper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoping for JL
If you are brave...

Interesting... I'm looking at an 18 turborubi leftover in stock and, being in TX, no cooled seat's is a deal-breaker and making me consider a sport S to have the comfort of cloth.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Interesting... I'm looking at an 18 turborubi leftover in stock and, being in TX, no cooled seat's is a deal-breaker and making me consider a sport S to have the comfort of cloth.
You could almost surely trade someone with cloth and pocket some cash, too

My Husky would love a cooled REAR seat....he's panting at 60 degrees LOL

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
No cooled seats from the factory. You would have to get cloth and go aftermarket.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had it on my Grand herokee w leather seats and loved it. Thats why i didn't go leather on my JLUR and went cloth instead.

The only way I'd get leather seats is if they offer both heat and cool/ventilation. I"m in Arizona, so heated seats are barely even necessary - they're nice, but it's not like it's that cold. Ventilated seats are huge though, and they DO make a difference.

I don't know why Jeep wouldn't offer this, as they offer it on other vehicles. Trying to keep it more "rugged" and seat cooling may be too fancy of a feature for a Wrangler? F it, who cares - if people want it, let them have it.

There are cooled leather options aftermarket though - pricey, but they are there.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I'm not sure where they could run the duct work to the seats.
But haven't put much thought into it.
It's a Jeep not a Denali .

Sponsored

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I'm not sure where they could run the duct work to the seats.
But haven't put much thought into it.
It's a Jeep not a Denali .
Most ventilated seats are just units under the seat. They suck in air from under the seat and push it up through the seat. Its not actually air conditioned air.
Some push air up through the seat, and some suck air down through the seat. Though it seems like most now are pushing air up through.
Either way, should be easy to accomplish in a jeep, except for the water issue. Seat foam, water into the blower, etc. Probably be a mold factory.

Im in WI so heated seats are more of a deal. Though I do have ventilated in my F150 and its nice.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Ford installed seat coolers on the 2015+ Mustangs. The Ponys did not have room to duct A/C air to the seats...so they used solid state Peltier devices. The units tried to blow the exhaust heat from the seats into the cabin. So your butt may have been cooled but you had warm air coming from the back and bottom of the seats. Ford now only describes the seats as being warmed. My new Rubi has A/C air conducted to the rear seat area...but to cool the front seats...flexible ducting would have to be connected from the center arm rest to the front seat bottoms while allowing the front seats to move. Way too complex for an off road vehicle at any price.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
People complaining on a Jeep forum that their fat butts aren’t adequately air-conditioned.
I’m pretty sure that the end is near.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
People complaining on a Jeep forum that their fat butts aren’t adequately air-conditioned.
I remember taking one of our granddaughters out on a back road to drive our 1996 TJ for the first time. She was 10, she sat down behind the wheel and was about to turn the key then paused. Then ask me how to get the door windows down? I showed her the crank on the door. It's a Jeep.
Sponsored

Last edited: