BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
81E8D98D-E1CC-49AC-9A61-E1E91F97BE35.jpeg
My first Jeep didn’t even have seats. It was the better parts of three CJ2As that my uncle put together, then in a gun trade I ended up with it. For a while I used a throw cushion on the gas tank. Hard to drive with no back support, so eventually I made a frame for these junkyard buckets.
Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I remember taking one of our granddaughters out on a back road to drive our 1996 TJ for the first time. She was 10, she sat down behind the wheel and was about to turn the key then paused. Then ask me how to get the door windows down? I showed her the crank on the door. It's a Jeep.
that TJ was no where near $60k brand new.

you bought a moab so you basically paid extra to NOT have a rubicon and youre trying to lecture about "jeep" heritage?

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
that TJ was no where near $60k brand new.

you bought a moab so you basically paid extra to NOT have a rubicon and youre trying to lecture about "jeep" heritage?
Exactly, paid not to have a Rubicon. No lectures at all. Just mentioned a past experience. Wife loves her mall crawlin, grocery gettin, daily driver with select track. To each his own. Enjoy your Jeep.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Very cool. Reminds me of my uncle's old Jeep.
Do you still have it?

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Very cool. Reminds me of my uncle's old Jeep.
Do you still have it?
No, years ago my now ex wife talked me into selling it. Have a new Jeep and new lady now, both were major upgrades. Still miss the little willys though.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
I know this post is a year old, but just to save any future seat seekers the trouble this is an option. It will be pricey though.

https://katzkin.com/what-do-you-drive/jeep-wrangler-leather-seats/
Old but still relevant. The Mopar perforated leather option seats are Katzkins. The biggest problem is that you lose the rear armrest and premium door panels and shift handles. I for one would rather have the rear armrest since I tend to shuttle friends around. I just found out about all this the hard way. I ordered the perforated and then later learned about the downgrade on the rest of the interior. Too late to change my order so I reordered another JLU with the premium leather instead. Probably cheaper to add the Katzkins perforated later anyway.

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
Old but still relevant. The Mopar perforated leather option seats are Katzkins. The biggest problem is that you lose the rear armrest and premium door panels and shift handles. I for one would rather have the rear armrest since I tend to shuttle friends around. I just found out about all this the hard way. I ordered the perforated and then later learned about the downgrade on the rest of the interior. Too late to change my order so I reordered another JLU with the premium leather instead. Probably cheaper to add the Katzkins perforated later anyway.
Ok good to know. I myself have a bare bones Rubicon and believe me if I knew more/would’ve taken my time in buying one. This is my first Jeep and it has cloth seats, and I wish it had the leather interior. The only options I have are the LED lights and 8.4 screen (premium sound option). So I figured I’d just go this route.
Sponsored