Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel
Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of finishing up various electrical system upgrades/modifications.

One of them is installing a Cobra 75 CB and Firestik antenna.

I've watched several YouTube videos that do an installation of the Cobra. One thing that isn't clear to me is the securing of the control box that has the microphone, antenna jack and power input. I believe that two (or maybe three) of them said to just zip tie it in place. I'm having a tough time coming up with the best way to do that. Maybe I'm not quite as flexible as some.

I was able to get one zip tie around some heating/AC aluminum tubing (or that's what it appears to be). It's probably not going to go anyplace. I would prefer to have a second one, too; but, I can't really see how to do that.

(I know there are other threads that are similar. I couldn't find anything specific about this one point.)

It's always easier for me to learn from someone who has done it right.

Thanks,

Jeff
Sponsored

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
I have mine zip-tied with two ties at the upper left of the space revealed when the glove box is removed. I was not able to get it so that it cannot move around a bit, but it has been OK for 17000 miles and two years over some rough roads including about 2000 miles of awful washboard roads on my 7800 mile trip out West in June. Since the glovebox is so easy to remove, I do take a peek occasionally to see if it is still secured. So far so good.

OP
OP

Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel
Hi Tom,

I have mine zip-tied with two ties at the upper left of the space revealed when the glove box is removed. I was not able to get it so that it cannot move around a bit, but it has been OK for 17000 miles and two years over some rough roads including about 2000 miles of awful washboard roads on my 7800 mile trip out West in June. Since the glovebox is so easy to remove, I do take a peek occasionally to see if it is still secured. So far so good.
Thanks for the reply.

I'll take another look in the morning.

I stuck some Gorilla Tape on the back surface of the box to give it a little cushion. I don't see it moving around either... I just hate doing things twice if there's a right way the first time.

Take Care,

Jeff

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Could you post a picture of where this is mounted, please.