Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Kyle, nice to see this thread moving along, did you happen to get the Supercharger by chance?
Sponsored

OP
OP
LOBBS

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
Kyle, nice to see this thread moving along, did you happen to get the Supercharger by chance?
I've laid claim to the kit that came off our company owned Gladiator that we sold last summer. For all intents and purposes, the JT and JL kits are identical. There's a few couplings and what not that I'll replace from inventory but it'll probably be spring or summer until I get around to installing it.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
How have the quadratec wheels held up for you? I love the look and am also going for that blend of 90s and modern for my build and they fit perfect.

OP
OP
LOBBS

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
How have the quadratec wheels held up for you? I love the look and am also going for that blend of 90s and modern for my build and they fit perfect.
They've been great. I have zero complaints about finish or durability with them.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
They've been great. I have zero complaints about finish or durability with them.

Thats good to hear, thanks! My biggest concern is putting $180 wheels on an off road rig. But at the same time they are at least cheap to replace. Just gonna suck to have to powercoat them again cause Ill do them in the same bronze that Ive done my LCA sliders and emblems.

Sponsored

raj21747

First Name
raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R. Enfield500, Suzuki M109, 392XR, 1999 TJ
Man I've been contemplating retro graphics for my sarge 392, digging through all the old threads on various forums dating back years, and then I stumble on this one! Those graphics look incredible @LOBBS ! Can't wait to see some more pics :involve:
I have a sarge 392 as well and love the retro graphics. Was wondering if you decided on something and how it turned out?

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
GORGEOUS, ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS WRANGLER you have there!

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JL Hemi Sold: JL, JK, TJ, XJ
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Security
Now with the retro theme set, I needed wheels to match. I liked the Mickey Thompson Classic IIIs as well as the American Racing Ansen 969s but they were discontinued. Ultimately, I went with the Quadratec soft 8s because the gunmetal picks up on the gray highlights in the grille and headlight surrounds of the Rubicon package. So, a bit of modern color on a classicly styled wheel. Keeping added rotational mass to a minimum with the new wheels and tires was a major priority and the biggest reasons I stuck with the K02s. There are probably some other A/Ts that are better are certain things but for an overall solid tire at a light weight it's really hard to beat the BFGs.

Edit: I got curious when they arrived and threw one on our shipping scale. Dead nuts at 24.00 pounds with the full cap installed. So, just about 2lbs or so heavier than the factory Rubicon wheel. I'll take that.

Quadratec-Baja-Xtreme-Gen-II-17x9-5x5-4.png
Nice choice! I had MT Classic II’s on my TJ.

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JL Hemi Sold: JL, JK, TJ, XJ
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Security
LOL! There you go!

I pulled the 304 and added a mildly upgraded 401 and a 4" lift w/ Ground Hawgs. That thing was scary! But as a teenager I loved it!
You’re giving me some flashbacks. I almost pulled the trigger on a used Levi’s edition CJ5 with a 304 but it was leaking oil bad and scared me off.
Did you have glass packs like cherry bombs mounted right to the header collectors by chance ?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LOL! There you go!

I pulled the 304 and added a mildly upgraded 401 and a 4" lift w/ Ground Hawgs. That thing was scary! But as a teenager I loved it!
Here's my 74 CJ5 frame off resto w/ AMC 401 and 35x 14.5" Ground Hawgs

Jeep Wrangler JL CJLR - Retro inspired JLR Build IMG_0309.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL CJLR - Retro inspired JLR Build IMG_0312.JPG

Sponsored

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Cool build! I too am going for a retro vibe with mine. I looked for some mid-late ‘70’s inspired decals but couldn’t find any that I liked so I went with early ‘70’s style stripes. I plan to make bumpers that look like something from that vintage with KC lights.

Looking forward to updates!

Gregj
That looks great, Greg. Strong work! :like:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

tozalazz

First Name
aleshia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco big bend
So, here's where things start to take the retro turn. I'm in my early 40's so the Jeeps I grew up ogling were the CJs. I just love this particular style of stripes on the Renegades. I've reached out to Pixel Decals to rework them a bit to fit the proportions of the JL. Hopefully, I'll see them this summer but he did warn me that he has a lot of projects on his plate.

The proportion might need to adjust a little bit. I am gonna watch this thread to expect a bigger size of it.

keeperman13

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda CRV, Ordered JLUR
Occupation
Mortar Manufacture
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda surprises me that you didn't opt for the white lettering on the KO2s. Would've meshed pretty well, IMO. Of course, I'm a sucker for white lettering. 3 of my 4 rides have them, with the 4th getting them when we step up to 35's. 😁
I sooo love white lettering

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Had a cool meetup w/ Kyle on his travels from Missouri down to New Mexico and back. Was great to see his very cool Rubicon and talk some Jeep stuff. Look forward to meeting up again, maybe on the trails next time!
Safe travels back home Kyle and keep up the good work!

Looking good guys!
Sponsored