Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Greetings folks.

As title suggests, maybe 2 seconds after I shutdown my 3.6 engine, I hear a few very high pitch chirping sounds.

Anybody know what it is ???? after a few seconds, I'm thinking it might be the fan that is spinning loosely and chirping as it comes to a stop ?!?

I only hear it in my garage as the sound is more noticeable as it bounces on the walls I guess.

Searched and only found answers in JK forums without any official culprits. Some say water pump, but as said, my engine has been shut down for a few seconds before the 1 or 2 chirps are heard.

Thanks for any info.

Steph
Sponsored

turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
There is a bird trapped in your engine bay calling for help. Please park your jeep outside and leave the hood open for a few hours so it can escape.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
A recording of the chirp would help. Otherwise you'll just get a very wide range of guesses.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Its really like two short bird chirps... and as said, a few seconds after engine shutdown. ?!?
Oh yeah, you mentioned that it only happens a couple or few times. Cooling exhaust would last for a short while after shutdown.

OP
OP
Steph1

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Found new details, starting a new thread.

TGB

First Name
TGB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Greetings folks.

As title suggests, maybe 2 seconds after I shutdown my 3.6 engine, I hear a few very high pitch chirping sounds.

Anybody know what it is ???? after a few seconds, I'm thinking it might be the fan that is spinning loosely and chirping as it comes to a stop ?!?

I only hear it in my garage as the sound is more noticeable as it bounces on the walls I guess.

Searched and only found answers in JK forums without any official culprits. Some say water pump, but as said, my engine has been shut down for a few seconds before the 1 or 2 chirps are heard.

Thanks for any info.

Steph
You ever figure this out?

OP
OP
Steph1

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
You ever figure this out?
Yup, it was the brakes. I did a brake service where I applied anti squeal product between the pads and clips and all was fixed.

Sponsored

TGB

First Name
TGB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yup, it was the brakes. I did a brake service where I applied anti squeal product between the pads and clips and all was fixed.
It happened on mine with engine off and in park.....I suspect mine is more than likely a vent door closing.
Weird I never heard it before.
At any rate, thanks for the prompt response. đź‘Ť

OP
OP
Steph1

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
It happened on mine with engine off and in park.....I suspect mine is more than likely a vent door closing.
Weird I never heard it before.
At any rate, thanks for the prompt response. đź‘Ť
It made no sense to me either, but at home in my garage after putting it in park and shutting the engine off. It would briefly chirp a second or two after shut-off. Last thing I thought it would be was the brakes.
Sponsored

Last edited: