OP
OP
Carlton

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I found this Youtube video someone recorded. It did not go off the course. It looks like it broke down and died midway on the course. Passengers were actually stuck in the Gladiator while they were trying to get it down. You can see a woman exiting the front passenger side door at about 2:05 of the video.

The beginning of the video shows 4-5 guys trying to push it. NOT A GOOD IMAGE.

WTF? It's embarrassing as hell to break down at it's own display demonstrating it's "go anywhere" capabilities at the Nation's Largest Auto Show. Hopefully it was slow day and not many people noticed. The negative publicity is going to hurt a little. People will question the Wranglers capability to go anywhere. There will be all kinds of jokes. At about 1:45 in the video you can hear someone yell "It's a Jeep Thing" in the background of the video. lol.

FCA better hope this does not get traction and end up on the news or in some car publication. FCA/JEEP might want to spin it and play it off….or straight up lie! lol Make something up about running out of gas or something…Just a suggestion.

FCA…maybe it's time to work on some Quality Control!

This is a different video. The video I posted is shorter and from a different angle. They pull a silver Gladiator that is high centered or possibly wheel slipped off edge with a JL. Jeep breaking down is even worse than getting stuck lol.
Sponsored

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
Possible storylines:

“Wrangler show off recovery techniques and power while it pulls Gladiator through obstacles”

”Husband and wife try out Gladiator live in Chicago. Wife yells “take your foot off the brake, disengage the emergency brake, and put it in neutral and I bet you can roll back down. Or don’t listen to me and have your friends try pushing it.”

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Is this actually 2 different times where a Gladiator failed, or just different angles. Because it looks like it's actually 2 different occasions.
It is 2 different Gladiators failing.

First video is a silver JT being rescued by a bikini JLU

Second video is a gobi JT being rescued by a blue JT

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
This is a different video. The video I posted is shorter and from a different angle. They pull a silver Gladiator that is high centered or possibly wheel slipped off edge with a JL. Jeep breaking down is even worse than getting stuck lol.
I could not see the video you put up for some reason so I searched for it myself. I had no idea there were 2 different videos and 2 different Gladiators that needed to be rescued? I assumed my video was the same as yours but maybe from a different angle? Now we realize it was actually a silver Gladiator in your video and a white Gladiator in my video? WTF…now it's actually 2 freaking occasions where they needed to rescue vehicles on their own course that is supposed to highlight the Wranglers World Class "go-anywhere" capabilities? Not very confidence inspiring… How in the hell is some potential customer supposed to trust going into the remote wilderness when JEEP's own vehicles can't make it around a 2 minute road course?

This kind of negative publicity can be really damaging. Talk about being made a laughing stock by the public and it's competitors. I can see Ford taking advantage of something like this in a AD campaign.

Time for FCA to get off their asses and start implementing some real quality control and customer service.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
It would have been funny, if a Honda Ridgeline came to rescue the Gladiator.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Maybe they were just trying to demonstrate the optional trail kit you can get with your new jeep.

OP
OP
Carlton

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I could not see the video you put up for some reason so I searched for it myself. I had no idea there were 2 different videos and 2 different Gladiators that needed to be rescued? I assumed my video was the same as yours but maybe from a different angle? Now we realize it was actually a silver Gladiator in your video and a white Gladiator in my video? WTF…now it's actually 2 freaking occasions where they needed to rescue vehicles on their own course that is supposed to highlight the Wranglers World Class "go-anywhere" capabilities? Not very confidence inspiring… How in the hell is some potential customer supposed to trust going into the remote wilderness when JEEP's own vehicles can't make it around a 2 minute road course?

This kind of negative publicity can be really damaging. Talk about being made a laughing stock by the public and it's competitors. I can see Ford taking advantage of something like this in a AD campaign.

Time for FCA to get off their asses and start implementing some real quality control and customer service.
That's what I would go with if I were FCA!
Guys on the video were saying that they heard a grinding noise then it died. Maybe the dealer put 6 quarts of oil in it.
Definitely not confidence inspiring and horrible publicity on a worldwide stage...

Ran out of gas would have been a good idea, however the comment the guy made eliminates thw possibilty of that cover up. Unless jeep says the grinding was our state of the art skid plates doing their job in addition to our best in class break over angle. We just happened to run out of gas at the same time lol.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I was there on Sunday and went around the course in a gladiator. Not sure when this took place.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Whatever illness that JT acquired was caught from the JL since they have the same powertrain, electrical, and design. So it doesn't exactly bode well for ANY of us.

My JLU spent weeks in the shop. My JT has been flawless. S*** happens.
Sponsored