Sponsored

Chicago Auto Show Gladiator Gets Stuck

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Whatever illness that JT acquired was caught from the JL since they have the same powertrain, electrical, and design. So it doesn't exactly bode well for ANY of us.

My JLU spent weeks in the shop. My JT has been flawless. S*** happens.
I knew going in FCA products are dead last in every quality or satisfaction survey. I also know there is a bit of a gray area within these surveys. Currently there is nothing like a Wrangler or Gladiator. I have no choice but to buy a Wrangler if I want a removable roof and door 4X4. I rolled the dice again and so far I am problem free. Knock-on-wood! My fingers are crossed. In the mean time I am still enjoying every second of my JLR.

There are different power trains, electrical systems, and designs. The Gladiator is currently only available with the 3.6 ESS or maybe 3.6 eTorque. Both have very different electrical systems. The occasionally and unfairly criticized 2.0T eTorque or ESS is not available in a Gladiator so it can be eliminated as the cause of any problems with the JT if the problem was engine related.

What doesn't bode well is FCA's lack of quality control over it's entire product line. Jeep owners need to realize FCA's poor quality should not be accepted as a JEEP thing. It should be a quality thing. FCA's rock bottom quality ratings need to improve.
Sponsored

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
Pretty embarrassing when you are at a world renowned event to show off its capabilities lol
FCA considers its capabilities as a factory included feature, hence the sticker price. That departure overhang is not much less than my TJ's wheelbase.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
That's exactly the problem...no traction.
Pun intended. lol! For one of the Gladiators anyway. The second Gladiator looks like it broke down and died? Not a proud moment for FCA/JEEP Wrangler no matter how you look at it.
Sponsored