Sponsored

Check Engine code after afe momentum cold air intake install.

Jpmac82

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I installed an afe momentum cold air intake and now the engine light keeps coming on. I emailed afe to get recommendations, but I haven’t heard back. I know I can take the positive side of the battery off to reset it, but will this keep happening or should I return it? @afepower
Sponsored

Last edited:

HarleysNGuns

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Recon, Cherokee, V-Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Curious about this also. I’m interested in the AFE intake. I know S&B have had a few revisions to help solve this issue.

Last edited:

Pnw18girl

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Islander
I installed an afe momentum cold air intake and now the engine light keeps coming on. I emailed afe to get recommendations, but I haven’t heard back. I know I can take the positive side of the battery off to reset it, but will this keep happening or should I return it? @afepower
I just put on the cold air intake and have the same issue. aFe sent me a new little plastic valve that I already had on the first one and said it would fix the issue but it didn’t. Have you had any resolution to the problem yet?

800DF7B8-E9E4-4D0E-9757-AB8DFC777569.jpeg

F2872632-73B7-4E5E-A6D1-E61C8505B17E.jpeg

850830B6-A185-4841-AC4D-335FB12AD383.jpeg

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I installed the Mopar CAI and part of their instructions were very specific to disconnect ALL negative battery cables including all piggyback connections to the negative cable/post...Only reason I could think of was to reset the computer/module, apparently worked as I have had no warning lights come on.

bval001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
I installed the Mopar CAI and part of their instructions were very specific to disconnect ALL negative battery cables including all piggyback connections to the negative cable/post...Only reason I could think of was to reset the computer/module, apparently worked as I have had no warning lights come on.
How do you like the mopar CAI? Where can I find it at?

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
How do you like the mopar CAI? Where can I find it at?

I like it and think that coupled with the soon to be released (for 2-door) Borla Touring Climber and a Livernois tune, this combo will be a solid performance upgrade. The Mopar CAI is as quite as stock at idle and light acceleration but you will hear it when you get on it...I have not cut the hole in the hood yet for the air vent and will decide whether or not I will after installing the Borla exhaust and Livernois tune.

You can buy the Mopar CAI at moparwholesaleparts.com

Pnw18girl

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Islander
Thank you I will give that a try and see if it works. I appreciate your advice.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Never remove the positive terminal first, ALWAYS remove the negative first or be in for a very expensive electrical accident if things go wrong.