Not open for further replies.

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Well the pictures I just posted makes it pretty obvious that my Vehicle OCD - Center Console Organizer Tray for Jeep Wrangler JL JLU (2018-19) - Made in USA arrived just now and it is installed....

Absolutely terrific! and I was ranting that the bottom organizer was terrific. Well, this one take the cake so to speak. Well worth the $ spent!

Fit is spot on. You'd think it just grew there. So easy to take in or out. So well made, so light.. so not flimsy Chinese chitt..

Bravo @salex !!

Oh and .... the depth of the tray is say about 2.5 inches deep. When installed it hovers about say about 2" over the top of organizer slats. So, you can have somewhat taller stuff in the bottom of the center console and the tray still fits in.
So, this can go on top of the bottom organizer by OCD products?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@dcwrangler

Your JL's center console has a shallow, top compartment and a lever for that.

Then you have a second lever for the large, bottom compartment.

The tray rests on the top edges of the lower large compartment. The tray is very easily remove.... so you can get down to the bottom of the big compartment where you have the OCD bottom organizer that is organizing that area.

I'm a picky fruck, so if I say this tray is the hoot, well it is! Geeeeez, @salex did us right!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, this can go on top of the bottom organizer by OCD products?
@drdriller

Yes, the tray lies on top of the upper edges of the large compartment. There is about 2.5" below the bottom of the tray and the top of the OCD Organizer in the bottom compartment.

Trust me... it's real nice. Better order before they are out of stock temporarily.

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered two this morning (one is for a buddy). Anxious to get my hands on this and see if I can modify the bumpout to allow for the light to be useful for the tray area.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered two this morning (one is for a buddy). Anxious to get my hands on this and see if I can modify the bumpout to allow for the light to be useful for the tray area.
@SeanD

I think that light thing, will be a no can do.

Can tell you that you will be very pleased with the offering!!!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
BaseLayer

BaseLayer

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.salexorganizers.com
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma and 4Runner, past - 99 XJ and 94 YJ
Occupation
Vehicle OCD
The upper tray just goes on top of the center console organizers in the large compartment, right? Its not meant for the small top part of the center console or requires removing anything?

I really liked their other product so I just ordered this anyways.
  • This upper tray does not require the removal of anything.
  • It allows full use of the little OEM armrest tray.
  • It does not require the lower dividers.
  • It hangs from the top edge of the console.
  • It can be used with or without the lower dividers.
  • 4 locations for the charging cord to exit the console
  • Removable diamond plate textured rubber liners to keep things from sliding and rattling

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@dcwrangler

I just took another pic. This might help you get an idea..
The business cards and sunglasses are in the tray. Under the tray is the lower area with the OCD Organizer.

20190403_165101.jpg

@salex

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
Ordered!!! Thanks @Rhinebeck01 for the review and pics. Thanks @salex for the organizer. My OCD is at peace.... Wait, is that socket in my tool chest 2 or 3 mm off center from the rest? Ahhhhhrrrrrgggggg!!! Hahaha! (I do seriously have a socket organizer and tray dividers in my tool chest, Ha!)

Sponsored

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@SeanD

I think that light thing, will be a no can do.
Can you elaborate why you think that's not feasible? Seems like it would be pretty easy to cut a hole in plastic.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you elaborate why you think that's not feasible? Seems like it would be pretty easy to cut a hole in plastic.
@SeanD

I could be wrong but it sure looks to me like the light is sitting down to low for it to (if you cut an opening in the tray) ..... get ample light upward and forward to even the one tray side closest to it. With effort (not worth it) one could run aux. led lighting in the center console.

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@SeanD

I could be wrong but it sure looks to me like the light is sitting down to low for it to (if you cut an opening in the tray) ..... get ample light upward and forward to even the one tray side closest to it. With effort (not worth it) one could run aux. led lighting in the center console.
Gotcha and thanks. From the pictures it appears deep enough (maybe total depth of 4" or so?) relative to the bottom of the light, so I'm curious to get my hands on this myself. Running additional lighting is not something I would even consider, I'm just trying to use what's already there. When I tried to mock up a potential design option earlier, the light dispersion was pretty good at ~1" below the light. I can't remember the measurement to the bottom of the light, so will have to look at later tonight when I get home.

ODC mockup.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha and thanks. From the pictures it appears deep enough (maybe total depth of 4" or so?) relative to the bottom of the light, so I'm curious to get my hands on this myself. Running additional lighting is not something I would even consider, I'm just trying to use what's already there. When I tried to mock up a potential design option earlier, the light dispersion was pretty good at ~1" below the light. I can't remember the measurement to the bottom of the light, so will have to look at later tonight when I get home.

ODC mockup.jpeg
@SeanD

You seem very interested in this, so I just went to the garage and gave the installed tray a long look lets say.

Yes, looks like you might get a little light from the console LED into the one side of the tray IF you opened up the side of the tray where it kinda domes around the LED light.

The LED light is about half down the depth of the tray. The tray is about 2.5 or so inches deep.

With that said.. just maybe you could get a little light into the one side of the tray.

Not sure if it would be worth the effort though.

Undoubtedly, you or someone else will soon be drilling a hole in the tray..... 8-)

I look forward to hearing about the outcome.

OP
OP
BaseLayer

BaseLayer

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.salexorganizers.com
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma and 4Runner, past - 99 XJ and 94 YJ
Occupation
Vehicle OCD
Here is a picture showing the removable liners. They are an exact tight fit in the tray. You can flip the tray and they will not come out. When you want to wash out the tray you can pick them out with knife or small pick. IMO the diamond plate texture looks good in the JK. One of the signatures of the Vehicle OCD trays.

SLX151 Vehicle OCD Jeep Wrangler JL center console organizer tray BW liners.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.