Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.salexorganizers.com
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma and 4Runner, past - 99 XJ and 94 YJ
Occupation
Vehicle OCD
@SeanD I see your phone cord coming out the front of the console. How do you like that vs the side openings?
Sponsored

OP
OP
BaseLayer

BaseLayer

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.salexorganizers.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle OCD
@SeanD

Not worth bastardizing that tray, when end result is diddly light to tray. Pretty obvious why Salex did not ....

Also, JL Sport models do not have a light. They don't need a mouse hole dropping things to the bottom.

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
Also, JL Sport models do not have a light. They don't need a mouse hole dropping things to the bottom.
. That’s funny. What sort of tiny garbage are people storing in their trays?
@SeanD

Not worth bastardizing that tray, when end result is diddly light to tray. Pretty obvious why Salex did not ....

It works fine for me and I’d hardly call it “bastardized.” As I said, it was an experiment. It’s a $16 piece of plastic for crying out loud.

But of course you always have an opinion and you are always right.

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
@SeanD I see your phone cord coming out the front of the console. How do you like that vs the side openings?
I’ve always preferred routing out the front vs. the sides. I set my phone next to the brake lever so that works best for me and keeps the cord out of the way.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
. That’s funny. What sort of tiny garbage are people storing in their trays?

It works fine for me and I’d hardly call it “bastardized.” As I said, it was an experiment. It’s a $16 piece of plastic for crying out loud.

But of course you always have an opinion and you are always right.
@SeanD

Actually, I was not knocking your hole, when I said the tray was "bastardized ". I was more saying... it was modified.... was, not as designed.

Yes, for sure, your hole does allow a tad of light to that one tray.

Oh and Yup, I am most always right...

Sponsored

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
I now have both of the organizers from @salex

WOW! Love them. They work great together and they are OEM quality fit, finish and materials. Pretty happy with turning that “trash can” of a center console into something organized and easy to use.

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not at all! I use the Bluetooth connection and the Waze speaks through my audio system.I just look at my phone which is a suction cup mount on windshield if I need to because I have the display on as I'm using my Waze navigation :) or Google Maps for that matter

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I use Bluetooth only I turn my Waze or Google Maps on my phone the audio comes through the speakers in my vehicle and since I have a suction cup windshield mount I look at the phone screen if I need to works perfect :)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Not at all! I use the Bluetooth connection and the Waze speaks through my audio system.I just look at my phone which is a suction cup mount on windshield if I need to because I have the display on as I'm using my Waze navigation :) or Google Maps for that matter
What I was saying is that to use Android Auto and or Apply Play with your say 8.4 radio display, you must use a tethered connection. Using the display on the 8.4 radio/radio is the whole idea, I'd say in using Android Auto or Apple Play.

Yes, way back when I would get my smartphone to give me auto through my vehicle radio.. Most guys want Display and Audio on the radio versus a dinky smartphone screen.

Cheff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JL Moab
I now have both of the organizers from @salex

WOW! Love them. They work great together and they are OEM quality fit, finish and materials. Pretty happy with turning that “trash can” of a center console into something organized and easy to use.
Couldn’t agree more. I ordered the upper and received it today. Super happy with it. Extremely well thought out and definitely OEM quality. Nice job, @salex !

Sponsored

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Valid point, I personally didn't like how it displayed, (different than on my phone) and my OCD kicks in when I have to have a cord running to my phone on a 55k vehicle. I had a 2017 Ford Escape Andy Pandora and ways were built in apps and they looked and behaved identical to what was on my Android phone much Superior way of doing it. When I first saw that the Jeep had apps I got excited that I could actually download Pandora and Waze for instance and I was sad to learn that was not the case why they cannot do that I have no idea?

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Lol sorry, should look before I send voice texts. And pandora and waze

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
Just ordered my set. Will post pics of the newly organized console. Should fit my OCD tendencies perfectly!

OP
OP
BaseLayer

BaseLayer

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.salexorganizers.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle OCD
@salex any plans for the glovebox on the JL? #takemymoney
I have a thread going on what to do for a glove box organizer. I prototyped a tray with a secret compartment under the tray. JK owners seem to want space for the owners guide in the glovebox which won't fit with the tray. Hasn't been a ton of interest so far. Prototype pictures on the glovebox thread. Please take a look and comment.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/glove-box-organizer.19176
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.