First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
I have a JL and will have seat out for camping trip. I built a shelf and will have some items stored under that but will have to load the top of shelf with gear as well. Anyone recommend a good cargo net or other suggestion for strapping gear down so it won't be bouncing all around as we drive trails or go flying if in an accident. I did install some hardtop bolts that have places to hook straps or nets too.

Thanks
Sponsored

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
I have decided to go with @Raingler net for this exact situation. I bought one of their loft nets and liked the quality. For the purpose you and I will be using ours, I wanted a VERY high strength, high quality net to keep things from flying at us in case of an incident. The shelf/containment net has not shipped yet. I suspect they are all made to order. Here is the link: 2018 - Newer Jeep Wrangler JLU 4 Door Cargo Area Containment and Shelf – Raingler

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
The Raingler product line looks to be top quality in materials and workmanship--and strong.

Anyone know if the Raingler Ceiling Attic Net will work with the Sunrider?

Wait, I'm not crazy, there's a method to my madness:

The Ceiling Attic Net might be a way to put one or two Harbor Freight Moving Blankets that forum members find a value up above the netting to insulate cold during Winter and/or high speed road noise during long trips to the beach...Come Spring or arrival at the beach, down comes the Attic Net--of course, gotta' open that Sunrider!

Any other ideas on how to insulate a Sunrider? To me, the Winter cold is less an issue than road noise at 80 mph.

Thanks, all!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I use a net that is made for ATV racks. I use it on my shelf in the back to hold my camp chairs, camp tables and rain jackets. Just do a search on amazon for ATV cargo net. I say ATV, because you do not want it to be to big.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo net? 1620575430345

Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo net? 1620575710187

I also use a cargo net that I took out of the trunk of a car from the junk yard. I run it behind the front seats. I love this thing. The cool thing is you can just toss stuff over your shoulder and it is in the yet and not all over the back of your Jeep. I put jackets, hats, snacks, maps, all kinds of stuff and it is always within easy reach and will hold a ton of stuff while keeping the stuff off the floor.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo net? 1620575867685

Shift Happens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Not sure about the sunrider, but I used to shove sleeping bags in between the soft top and the sunshade on my TJ and YJ. I also had the netting to cover the back so I had room to put bags above there too.
Had the added benefit of having sleeping bags available.
Worked okay for insulation, worked well on the flapping noise from the soft top.
Not really life altering or anything, but it was an improvement.

Sponsored

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Does anyone use the Raingler nets as attic storage on a hard top? If yes, could you provide pictures? @Raingler Nets

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I’ve used a hockey net that I dyed black in the past and will pick up one this week for the latest Jeep.
If they will stop a hockey puck travelling over 100 mph I’m sure the nets strong enough to contain a bit of cargo.
A quick search found black practice nets 10’ x 20’ for about a hundred bucks

IQ_imbalance

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 3.0d
Just got this guy:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F1XNF3N
The 3' x 4' net is pretty solid and it's about the right size for spanning between the hardtop attachment points (if you've added them) on the short side. The hooks (as has been pointed out!) are complete garbage, so plan on buying some carabiners or using an alternative attachment (paracord?). Still, i think the net itself was worth the $25. You can probably find a cheaper net but you know amazon is these days....
Sponsored