Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How is the flapping noise with top open/off? Low cost so seems to work as a cover but not security.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Does anyone have any experience with this product?
I had one on my JKU and have one in my new JLU. The one in my JKU fit better. The one in my JLU doesn't seem to fit properly around the base of the roll bar. I'm a bit disappointed, but just need something to keep someone from seeing if I have anything in the back of the vehicle. Plus, I got mine on sale and used a code for an additional discount.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

How is the flapping noise with top open/off? Low cost so seems to work as a cover but not security.
You are correct. These are worthless in terms of security if running topless, or even with a soft top for that matter.

I have a a hardtop, so I can't answer your 1st question.

OP
OP
ToPar9

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Hard top here, purchased to hide items in the back as well. As long as it’s a decent fit, it’ll work for me. Just curious if anyone has experience with it.

Sponsored

BillJeep

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I have one. It is ok. It doesn’t really flap in the wind or make any noticeable noise, but it is a little disappointing that it sags in the back. I’ve tried everything to tighten it and no luck. Definitely no security value in the cover

5E9EA6E0-CC63-4002-B175-D1A3A132D33B.jpeg

736C98B1-B8C2-4DED-9FF8-9F69BCBBF521.jpeg

BE7BE379-B8CA-48C3-B6AB-026CA0D79C05.jpeg

HappyJeeper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '09 Tundra 5.7 4x4, '21 Prius
Occupation
Soils engineering/geology
That fitment is disappointing. I had a tonneau cover on my JK that I loved. Snug fit and looked great.

JayCo_LG

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I purchased the (4) Grip Pro and the Cargo Cover Pro with the cargo organizer.

I bought the Grip Pro thinking it would be easier for my wife to get into the jeep but she still only uses the factory A pillar grips, unfortunately. I may buy a GPCA carabiner to add a little utility to the Grips and justify having the redundancy in a JL, but there are other modifications competing for that money at the moment....

Regarding the Cargo Cover, I bought the cover to conceal items from view within my hardtop, but I also found the fitment to have too much slack. I used the two forward most attachment points only (and not the one closest to the tailgate), and it kept the cover taut while providing enough coverage. I was also able to use the Fishbone Offroad Wheel Well Storage boxes under the cover, which worked well.

That said, I purchased the Fishbone Offroad Interior Cargo Rack for Camping, which rendered my cargo cover unusable and pretty much unnecessary.

In short, GPCA's products are well-made, although the fitment is a bit slack, but I still found a way to only use only the Quick Release Pro (which are great), and put the rest in storage.

BillJeep

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased the (4) Grip Pro and the Cargo Cover Pro with the cargo organizer.

I bought the Grip Pro thinking it would be easier for my wife to get into the jeep but she still only uses the factory A pillar grips, unfortunately. I may buy a GPCA carabiner to add a little utility to the Grips and justify having the redundancy in a JL, but there are other modifications competing for that money at the moment....

Regarding the Cargo Cover, I bought the cover to conceal items from view within my hardtop, but I also found the fitment to have too much slack. I used the two forward most attachment points only (and not the one closest to the tailgate), and it kept the cover taut while providing enough coverage. I was also able to use the Fishbone Offroad Wheel Well Storage boxes under the cover, which worked well.

That said, I purchased the Fishbone Offroad Interior Cargo Rack for Camping, which rendered my cargo cover unusable and pretty much unnecessary.

In short, GPCA's products are well-made, although the fitment is a bit slack, but I still found a way to only use only the Quick Release Pro (which are great), and put the rest in storage.
Agree - Quick Release Pro are great.

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
Check out the diabolical slipstream. I love it! Expensive but invaluable in my opinion.
Sponsored