brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Those two additional brackets are what I was wondering about. Can't tell from Smittybilt site if they have some sort of integrated bracket on the bar ends or not. I know it says cannot be used with OE soft top, so was thinking it might be set up as a 1 piece deal.
upload_2020-1-9_12-13-3.png

CLOSER shot of the end of the Smittybilt.....Looks like brackets different than OE come on it that snap around the flange on the body tub.
Sponsored

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
I like that the Smittybilt seals up better around the roll bar.

Right, looking closer at the picture and description, the Smittybilt tailgate bar might not need the Mopar soft top corners. It's hard to tell, they need to add a picture installed on a jeep.

I paid less than $70 for the Rampage version, since I didn't need additional parts. At that price, it was a no-brainer, and it's probably my favorite thing I've added so far. With the cost of the tailgate bar, it's about the same as the JTops. That makes the decision harder.
I have the JTops tonneau cover and really like it. While it's a little on the pricey side, it doesn't flap, and now that I added a rear-seat recline, that gap between the back seats and the cover is really quite small. It didn't appear to fade all summer/fall last year when it was on.

Edit:
It's also pretty easy to get on and off (such as when I don't want any cover because I my dogs want to go for a ride).

(not my ride, but here's a pic from their website:)
Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo cover {filename}

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Any idea what this will cost??
No idea. Sorry. I signed up for their newsletter so hopefully an update at some point will come out.

Sponsored

MotownJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Suburban
No idea. Sorry. I signed up for their newsletter so hopefully an update at some point will come out.
I went to the website and saw they have a Facebook page. I went there and direct-messaged them asking how much. They replied, "less than $400". Not a perfect answer, but it gives you a good idea. I'm guessing it'll be somewhere between $350 and $399.

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, , 2019 Honda Pilot Elite, 2014 BMW 535i Xdrive
Not a fan of my GPCA cover pro either. Watched the video multiple times and still cannot get a good fit. RIdes up the roll cage, sags, etc. If it is me, someone please give the secret out to making it work.

McG

First Name
McKenzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB, 2018 Toyota Tundra XP CrewMax
I have the JTops tonneau cover and really like it. While it's a little on the pricey side, it doesn't flap, and now that I added a rear-seat recline, that gap between the back seats and the cover is really quite small. It didn't appear to fade all summer/fall last year when it was on.

Edit:
It's also pretty easy to get on and off (such as when I don't want any cover because I my dogs want to go for a ride).

(not my ride, but here's a pic from their website:)
Jeep Wrangler JL Cargo cover {filename}
I have a hardtop JL, and most of the covers I've looked at require parts from a soft top, which I really don't want to have to bother with. Does the Jtops tonneau cover require the soft top tailgate bar or any other parts that don't already come with the hard top?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have a hardtop JL, and most of the covers I've looked at require parts from a soft top, which I really don't want to have to bother with. Does the Jtops tonneau cover require the soft top tailgate bar or any other parts that don't already come with the hard top?
I seriously wanted to purchase this cover, but it doesn't work with a hardtop. It covers and hangs over where the hardtop sits.

McG

First Name
McKenzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I seriously wanted to purchase this cover, but it doesn't work with a hardtop. It covers and hangs over where the hardtop sits.
I'm ok with having to take it off before I put the hardtop back on, just as long as it's not some time-intensive, annoying process to take it off each time. Looks like removal shouldn't be an issue from what I can tell. Hoping someone can provide some insight on that as well!

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'm ok with having to take it off before I put the hardtop back on, just as long as it's not some time-intensive, annoying process to take it off each time. Looks like removal shouldn't be an issue from what I can tell. Hoping someone can provide some insight on that as well!
It just lays over the cargo area and holds down with magnets. Pretty simple to put on and take off.

McG

First Name
McKenzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It just lays over the cargo area and holds down with magnets. Pretty simple to put on and take off.
Thanks for that info - simple enough! I'd eventually like to get something that locks for security, but the options I've seen were pretty pricey and I don't know enough about them to determine if it's worth shelling out the cash for it.

McG

First Name
McKenzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that info - simple enough! I'd eventually like to get something that locks for security, but the options I've seen were pretty pricey and I don't know enough about them to determine if it's worth shelling out the cash for it.
aaaaaaand I ordered the Slipstream. :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored