Car/Jeep Swap

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
This past Saturday morning I was climbing into my Jeep after coming out of Starbuck. I'm about to pull off and this dude in a convertible 911 deliberately pulls up next to me all smiles. We proceed to talk there in the parking lot for about 30 min. He wanted know all about the different models and said he's thinking about getting one..lol So I got to thinking, I would love to have that guys 911 for 1 weekend. In return he could rock my Jeep. Do car swapping clubs or services exist to make this possible?
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
After going through prior history of disasters for me, I wouldn’t let anyone, let alone strangers, touch my Jeep if I still intended on keeping it afterwards.

I get that some are really chill but nah can’t take that risk anymore.

Last edited:

jackgraves7

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Think of it this way, if you had some random persons 911 for a weekend, wouldn't you test it out and see how it performs, i.e. not drive the speed limit. So what is to say they wouldn't drive your car the same way.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
He is probably tired of the $2,000 lease payments.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Think of it this way, if you had some random persons 911 for a weekend, wouldn't you test it out and see how it performs, i.e. not drive the speed limit. So what is to say they wouldn't drive your car the same way.
The correct term is - drive it like you stole it.

In which case you will always do if you test drive a vehicle you’ve never driven before.

Last edited:

Sponsored

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Especially a 911
I bought an 07’ Corvette Convertible with my brother in law. We lived in two separate towns in Ca. We traded off a couple of times a year. We then bought a 17’ Z06 Convertible ordered, and picked up at the factory. We switched both Corvettes a couple of times a year until he died in a glider accident in Utah July of 2019. My sister and I sold the 07’, and I have the 17’ full time. Sure miss him, and all the fun adventures we had together!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
No way any stranger drives my Jeep other than the dealer service dept. I don’t care if he’s got a Maserati or a Ferrari to trade.

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I already drive the vehicle of my dreams, a Wrangler.

After driving various German cars for years, I got to the point in life where I have zero curiosity about vehicles other than Wranglers. None whatsoever. I'm not saying it's good, it's just the way it is. It could change in the future.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
No way any stranger drives my Jeep other than the dealer service dept. I don’t care if he’s got a Maserati or a Ferrari to trade.
To spend the day with a 911 "just once" I might just roll the dice. Not like I'd make it a regular thing.. but just one time.....

Sponsored

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
No way in hell would I do that. Go test drive a 911 and leave your Jeep locked in lot. I'm pretty attached to my Jeep though. Jmho

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I already drive the vehicle of my dreams, a Wrangler.

After driving various German cars for years, I got to the point in life where I have zero curiosity about vehicles other than Wranglers. None whatsoever. I'm not saying it's good, it's just the way it is. It could change in the future.
Approx. 10 years ago, I sold my dual sport because I had this idea in my head that I needed to be on a big sport tourer. Two of those particular motorcycles came and went before I realized that I had already owned what was best for me: the aforementioned dual sport. And so I bought the same brand & model, again. This one stays.

So too with the Wrangler. But for a material engine problem with my 1995 YJ that forced my hand (to sell it), I'd still own that rig. 25 years on, I'm finally getting another Jeep. It took a bit longer to learn my lesson this time around, but at least I did so. :)

The secret sauce in the foregoing? Fun.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Befriend someone with a 911 that does track days, or a track event that rents them. The 911 is totally wasted on public roads. Kinda like going on a date with [insert hottie here] and being told you can only hold hands.

Could say the same about a JL, but just swap off-road for track above.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Befriend someone with a 911 that does track days, or a track event that rents them. The 911 is totally wasted on public roads. Kinda like going on a date with [insert hottie here] and being told you can only hold hands.

Could say the same about a JL, but just swap off-road for track above.
[insert hottie here] = Brazillian Chic
Sponsored