Canadian Ordering Experiences

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
The value of used cars has skyrocketed in that time as well. Go here https://www.autotrader.ca/ico/ and get an instant offer on your trade. You might find it's worth thousands more than you were offered by a dealership 7 months ago. My dealership offered me $10,500 on a 2018 Mazda 3 (lease buyout was $9500) and I sold it to a local dealership for $14K after some negotiations - the first offer via Autotrader was about $13,500.
That's cool. I'll try that if and when my jeep shows up in 4 to 6 months. I got locked in at an acceptable trade in value for my 2019 Pacifica as long as I keep the mileage down.

Update I just tried this and it is 1k more then what dealership offered me.

Guess I'll try it again when the Jeep shows up. Thanks for info
Sponsored

Reactions: BH6

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
That's cool. I'll try that if and when my jeep shows up in 4 to 6 months. I got locked in at an acceptable trade in value for my 2019 Pacifica as long as I keep the mileage down.

Knowledge is power...

First Name
Zoë
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara - on order
Occupation
DND
I bet it was the manual that delayed it.
I thought they fixed the manual issue and were making them already, unless there's more I don't know about?

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought they fixed the manual issue and were making them already, unless there's more I don't know about?
Early in the year wasn't it. Which can cause a backlog of months

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
The value of used cars has skyrocketed in that time as well. Go here https://www.autotrader.ca/ico/ and get an instant offer on your trade. You might find it's worth thousands more than you were offered by a dealership 7 months ago. My dealership offered me $10,500 on a 2018 Mazda 3 (lease buyout was $9500) and I sold it to a local dealership for $14K after some negotiations - the first offer via Autotrader was about $13,500.
Thanks. I tried the Autotrader option you mentioned and the Instant Cash offer was just over $27K. My dealership offered me $25k on trade, which after taking the HST savings into account comes to just over $28k so a pretty good offer from dealer.
In any case, after speaking to their local FCA Rep the dealer is going to honour the original sale price as it was written up in January, so good news all around.
We pick it up tomorrow evening.
Cheers all!

Sponsored

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude

Remember, whatever the dealer offers you as a trade value you have to multiply by 1.13 (Ontario HST) to get your true cash value.
So if, for example, Auto Trader is giving you an instant cash value of $20K and your dealer is offering you $19K, the true value of your dealer trade is actually $21,470 because the $19K is deducted from the pre-tax price of the new car so it saves you the tax on that amount as well.

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remember, whatever the dealer offers you as a trade value you have to multiply by 1.13 (Ontario HST) to get your true cash value.
So if, for example, Auto Trader is giving you an instant cash value of $20K and your dealer is offering you $19K, the true value of your dealer trade is actually $21,470 because the $19K is deducted from the pre-tax price of the new car so it saves you the tax on that amount as well.
Ya I did the math again as I forgot that and the dealer I ordered through is 1k above the autotrader quote if you include the hst tax savings. Which in case would be about 3500.

First Name
Zoë
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
DND
I hear you!
I am in the same boat as you.
I ordered Feb 12.

Call FCA Canada at 1-800-465-2001..
If you have no vin number like me then give them your VON number.

Let me know what they tell you.
I called today, the lady said they don't keep order information so she called my dealer to see if they've req'd info on why my Wrangler isn't being built. They then said 'it's a good order, it's just not being built'. So, no real answer was given but I expected that

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just tried to call and it said the office was closed for a corporate meeting. Aka ya we pissed off for the weekend.

Sponsored

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called today, the lady said they don't keep order information so she called my dealer to see if they've req'd info on why my Wrangler isn't being built. They then said 'it's a good order, it's just not being built'. So, no real answer was given but I expected that
Got through and was told to contact my dealer for information as they can't access any information regarding new orders.

My dealer said he would update me every 2 weeks which will be next Friday and put me at almost 3 weeks so I'll wait til then.

Once I get a vin I don't really care after that as I know it will be awhile.

First Name
Zoë
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
DND
Got through and was told to contact my dealer for information as they can't access any information regarding new orders.

My dealer said he would update me every 2 weeks which will be next Friday and put me at almost 3 weeks so I'll wait til then.

Once I get a vin I don't really care after that as I know it will be awhile.
I'm just salty as I've had my VIN several months, and now I'm over their original delivery times with no definitive information as to when it'll be built 🤷‍♀️ But it did take several weeks earlier this year to get a VIN as well, so I hope yours is well on its way!

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Dealer emailed me last night saying its been ordered, well duh, and hell reach out to me again in 10 to 14 days with the next update. I just replied all I want is the VIN when its available lol.

Ferhdemerak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jl rubicon 2021
You guys are lucky, i got a call from my dealer and my order from March has not been yet approved by FCA.... So close to 7 months now and still no clues when my truck will get on the production line. Right now i plan of having a 2022 model instead of the 2021..... and also they cancelled my color because FCA decided to drop the production of the color i wanted.... So far i love my Xperience ordering a custom jeep.

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You guys are lucky, i got a call from my dealer and my order from March has not been yet approved by FCA.... So close to 7 months now and still no clues when my truck will get on the production line. Right now i plan of having a 2022 model instead of the 2021..... and also they cancelled my color because FCA decided to drop the production of the color i wanted.... So far i love my Xperience ordering a custom jeep.
What did u order? Options? That's crazy
Sponsored