Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Here's an example of what happens when too thin of a washer is used in conjunction with a wiggle room sized through hole. This is one of my slider to frame bolts, which I need to make right. Same thing will happen with a slotted hole if a thick enough washer isn't used to account for the lost real estate under the head of the bolt.

Jeep Wrangler JL Can I remove this from my winch ? 20220611_113645
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You're point about the Warn is correct, but you're comparing apples to oranges.

1) I would never buy anything Smittybilt - especially a winch
My shittybilt winch is a total workhorse. Unfortunately it has China written all over it.

But so do Warns. I wont ever buy anything Warn - especially a winch - what a waste of money.

Unless of course you are willing to spend for the made on U.S. ones.

OP
OP

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
If I do end up slotting the holes, the hole would be between 1.5 - 2 times the original hole. probably closer to 1.5 ...

The only thing I don't like about the DV8 spacer, is its 2" . .. Does anyone know of a 1/2" or 1" spacer ? I suppose I could have somone fab something up at some point .. sounds like a lot of trouble if slotting the holes is acceptable ..

OP
OP

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Here's an example of what happens when too thin of a washer is used in conjunction with a wiggle room sized through hole. This is one of my slider to frame bolts, which I need to make right. Same thing will happen with a slotted hole if a thick enough washer isn't used to account for the lost real estate under the head of the bolt.

Jeep Wrangler JL Can I remove this from my winch ? 20220611_113645
If I understand this correctly, Assuming your bolt IS long enough to support a thicker washer .. is the fix as simple as getting the same size washer but thicker ? If so, sounder pretty simple ? Or doable for that matter. .

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
If I do end up slotting the holes, the hole would be between 1.5 - 2 times the original hole. probably closer to 1.5 ...

The only thing I don't like about the DV8 spacer, is its 2" . .. Does anyone know of a 1/2" or 1" spacer ? I suppose I could have somone fab something up at some point .. sounds like a lot of trouble if slotting the holes is acceptable ..
Oh, this sounds like the holes need more of an egging out than a full slot. Get some thick grade 8 flat washers to sit under the lock washers and make sure the bolts are long enough. Done deal. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy! 😆

For the record, I don't like anything DV8, but am not aware of any other spacers. Never was something that I looked into.
Sponsored