Sponsored

Can I get some confirmation/advice please?

wrangler4us

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Honda Odysseys and a mini cooper
Hi there! New poster here.....I have been reading the forums for a couple of months and I can not thank everyone for all of the wisdom and knowledge! Long story short....we have ALWAYS had to be super practical in our vehicle choices due to the size of our family. We have had a "lot of life" happen in the last year and a half and we are ready to just do a little bit of what we want instead of what we have to. So, owning a wrangler has been a 20+ year dream and we are moving forward. I am sure you get so tired of answering this question but can you please tell me if the deal we have negotiated is a decent one? I've gone thru all of the spreadsheets etc but I am scared to pull the trigger.

2018 JLU Sport
Automatic transmission
Customer preferred package 24S
Technology group
Convenience group
Cold Weather group
Safety Group
Hard Top
Tubular side steps

Out the door everything included....$42, 385
We are not financing

Thanks so much!!!
Stephanie....a soon to be jeep owner :)
Sponsored

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Sounds a bit pricey to me. Perhaps you would do well to price out your Jeep with one of the "discount" online dealers, add what tax there is in Michigan, and go from there. This will give you a price to aim for even if you are purchasing locally. Hope this helps

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
This thread lists invoice prices for each trim and options. (Not sure how current it is as there have been some increases, but it would be a good starting point.). “Build” your Jeep and see what the invoice price is. Many on this forum are getting or have gotten their Jeep for 5% or more below invoice. This should give you an idea of where to start negotiations.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-price-w-invoice-sport-s-sahara-rubicon.2388/

OP
OP

wrangler4us

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Honda Odysseys and a mini cooper
Thanks for the reply! Taxes are 6% so approx $2400 worth of that OTD. The best deal I could get via an online dealer was $41,500 OTD but that didn’t have the cold weather group or the side steps. That was one who gives the 5% below invoice.

Last edited:

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like a great deal to me if it's everything out the door - tax, title, and license/doc fee. Go for it!
I got Sport S minus the Auto, Cold Weather, Convenience, Steps, and Safety but plus Tow and Headliner for $40k out the door.
Auto alone almost makes up the difference.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That seems really steep. I got my JLUR with cold weather, dual tops, auto, towing, infotainment, and LEDs for less than 4K more out the door.
Sponsored