Sponsored

HOW CAN I GET A 2019 Rubicon?!!

JLU4TJ

Where are you located where someone with even half-baked people skills can’t manage to negotiate to invoice pricing? Maybe Hawaii? Most people are paying significantly less than invoice, using elementary negotiating skills, with or without an affiliate discount, so positioning it as a tool to save thousands is almost never applicable.
We all don’t live in the thriving metropolis of sophisticated negotiators that Scottsdale embodies.
Sponsored

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
We all don’t live in the thriving metropolis of sophisticated negotiators that Scottsdale embodies.
No need to be a smart ass. Again, we’re not talking about sophisticated negotiating. We’re talking about a deal that anyone can get with a little bit of mild coaxing at most. If you’ve spent any time on any Jeep forum, you’ll see how common it is to pay well below invoice. You don’t need TL to do that. Again, I think Hawaii seems to be the exception for obvious reasons. Aloha!

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ok as I said I am not purchasing one on my income right now, I am just gathering the info needed, and I may make a little dollar amount but the hours I work stacks up pretty quick on my little income I made 40k just last year, I know it’s not a lot but it is and I’m in my situation because I took advice from people saying no don’t get a credit card don’t get a loan do this do that and your credit will rise, well then I got into a little trouble with my speeding and had to pay lots of money to fix all that and get out of trouble then I was trying to move from my apartment to a house and we couldn’t qualify so we got a credit card everything was great then my Jeep blew up and I was trying to fix it and ran dry between that and getting to work so the credit card got a little behind so that has been taken care of now I’m on the rise and trying to make my life better, i bout a used jimmy for 4K had under 100k miles on it and it got me a year of running and I had to replace all the balls hubs and drive shaft, heater core, radiator, pulleys battery water pump I mean literally this thing ate my money and t was in great condition it’s just my luck! I live a minimum life because I don’t need all that I don’t have tv I don’t have the newest iPhone or gaming system I don’t go out to dinner or eat fast food all the time I go to work and come home and spend my time with my family going out hiking or on a walk, now the decision making skills I couldn’t agree more lmao I have the hardest time actually making a decision I’m always on the fence because I see from both positive and negative standpoints and have a hard time weighing them, And a little Camry is that going to transport my family safe through the snows of Colorado lmao I’m fine driving anything I drove a eclipse in the snow for years but my gf with my kids is different she’s scared lol! And so again I ask what do you all do to afford yours?
Again, assuming we’re not being trolled…

You’re dismissing all used cars because you’ve had to put money into a 20 year old Jimmy, which I don’t remember being known for its reliability to begin with.

There are five quadrillion vehicles that are reliable and will better suit your budget and fuel efficiency needs that aren’t a $50k Rubicon. As someone else already said, no one is going to lend you the money anyway.

Accept reality. Buy a used Honda and take whatever money you can scrape together and go to a trade school or take an apprenticeship. There is a major need for skilled labor. Get one of these jobs and you’ll be able to legitimately afford a Rubicon someday (not tomorrow) while still supporting a family. Continuing to dig ditches will get you nowhere near your aspirations.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I make 14 after taxes and I work 70 hours a week plus 120 a week for being out of town, I was supposed to have a raise a year and a half ago but that hasn’t happened so I’m hoping it will happen soon and I should be expecting 20+ if everything goes smooth I just want to try to figure if I could do it now and we’ll none of the vehicles run is the problem, I have ran into troubles with all the only one running is the 88 and that still needs work to run the 99 would need a engine so I could sell it but to who and for how much? And my eclipse same thing it sounds so rough and there’s nothing special about it so it’s not a sought after model, my jimmy is such a hunk of shit I could barely make what I bought it for let alone the thousands I have put in it to keep getting me to work to keep my job, my gf will be getting a job when she gets her license and that will add a little income as well, I have looked into some used ones but I’m also scared to get a lemon or something that I will end up having to put a ton of money back into it to get me to work again. I definitely know I shouldn’t buy one making my wages but I know that all of that should be changing soon and I just want to hop on and gather all the info needed as well as possible ways to up my credit and etc, I’m currently checking into my credit and trying to learn all the ins and outs of that as well
Troll?

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
I would like Manual but the wife wants automatic
I’m fine driving anything I drove a eclipse in the snow for years but my gf with my kids is different she’s scared lol! And so again I ask what do you all do to afford yours?
First, I hope your wife doesn't find out about the GF or your take-home pay might be cut in half! ;)

How did I afford mine? I drove a Toyota Corolla (@35 MPG) for 6 years so I could pay cash for the Jeep.

Sponsored

Mojito St Pete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JLUR - Previously 2014 BMW 335i, 2011 Exo X, 2007 WRX
How about you start a new thread showing your journey for the next 5 years on the actions you took to be able to afford one.

You'll find a way if the motivation is there.

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2007 Acura TL-S, 2013 Triumph Street Triple
Vehicle Showcase
My recommendation would be to get a sport with just a couple options if you really want a Jeep. See if you can get one in the low 30s and get a payment somewhere around $450. You'll likely need a down payment to get there but that will help with interested rates.

Drive that Jeep for 5-6 years and pay it off. Then trade it in on the Rubicon of your dreams if you still want one.

That's what I did in 2012, I couldn't afford the tricked out $50,000 JKUR so I bought what I could reasonably afford. Paid $29k out the door with a friends and family discount and got $18,500 back when I traded it in on my JLUR, six years and 93,000 miles later.

Prior to that I had a 2006 Acura RSX-S that I bought for $22k when I was 25. I wanted a TL-S but at 40k+ I couldnt swing it. I put 140k miles on it and got $8,500 in trade towards the JK in 2012.

The key here is that I have always had my car payment around $400 and thought about resale value when I purchased my cars. Until I got my JLUR, I had never bought the car or the version of the car of my dreams. I had to work up to that over the course of nearly 15 years.

AbeWay

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
You've got a few issues going for you here.

First would be that it's a Jeep. Although banks like financing Jeeps they don't like anything credit wise that would put them in a position where they need to reposes it. They are a bit of a hard sell and are generally damaged offload. Even wit a cosigner the vehicle falls into a hit or miss category with banks.

Also with a credit score around 500 or so you're asking for too much car. Even with a cosigner we're looking at a max of 27K on the high end.

We also have the length of the loan. 1,000/mo either means you're looking at 4 year or an 11% interest rate.

We don't know your finances but I'd sit on it or look for a JK if you feel you absolutely need one. Wouldn't recommend it until you get into a better financial situation, you could just be damaging your financial health more
Sponsored