Camp ground light and sound settings

tourguide337

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I recently went camping in my 2019 JLUR and the default settings were not ideal for camp grounds. From the settings menu, the following are useful to switching into a silent and non-light jeep during camping. Turn these off in the options: “Flash Lights with lock”, “Sound horn with lock”, “Headlight Illumination on Approach", and turn the interior light off as well. Too bad this isn’t a toggle switch. I wanted to share as I had a camping trip that was a horn and light extravaganza that wasn't appreciated.

Any other tips out there?

20190622_214255.jpg

20190622_214301.jpg
Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Good info.
I wish it had a setting like "turn off other campers slamming their car door 8,000 times" and "silence people shouting drunkenly for hours before passing out". I need to get out further. Haha.

OP
OP
tourguide337

tourguide337

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Would love both of those settings! Haha. Here in Colorado, I have been taking notes of dispersed camping places that are out of the way! When at a campground, the basic settings aren’t great for camping.

Luvmejeeps

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport. 2004 TJ
Manual door locks for the win!!! Keep it simple stupid :like:

Or use your jeep as its intended and get out there to the more remote areas that not a lot of other vehicles can access,and be as loud and raucous as ya want cus theres usually no one else around. :rock: thats one of the biggest reason why i own jeeps.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I turn the headlight options off first thing when I purchase a vehicle. I can't recall the last time I parked in a place so dark I needed my headlights to remain on for me to navigate my way.

I also don't use the horn on the lock option either, I prefer to hear the click when I am near, or the quick flash of the marker lights if I am away from the vehicle. The horn just startles me, cause it never fails that I did it only when I was right in front of the vehicles. ROFL
Sponsored