Camo Wrap?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm considering camo wrapping my JLUR. I ordered a few samples. I think I'm going to tackle it myself. It looks like the material is about $800-1000 for enough to do the sides up to the rain gutters and hood. Not sure they'll be enough for the roof and fenders. If the flat (mostly flat) stuff goes well, I'll tackle the roof top and fenders.

I was going to buy a tan JK, but saw the JL and settled for the silver, since no choices for a desert color.

I think I'm going with the stuff on the left. Jumbo Desert Cumulus is the name of the camo.

20191125_215152.jpg
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I love it:like: I think that the most difficult part would simply be trying to align the pattern. Of course, hinges might be a problem too. Are you going to remove fenders before hand and all the other little things? I think if you make the Jeep as smooth as possible, you'll be fine.

Do you think the digital pattern (ACU/DCU) would be too much it too difficult to match up?

Good luck and definitely post pics:rock:

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I'm considering camo wrapping my JLUR. I ordered a few samples. I think I'm going to tackle it myself. It looks like the material is about $800-1000 for enough to do the sides up to the rain gutters and hood. Not sure they'll be enough for the roof and fenders. If the flat (mostly flat) stuff goes well, I'll tackle the roof top and fenders.

I was going to buy a tan JK, but saw the JL and settled for the silver, since no choices for a desert color.

I think I'm going with the stuff on the left. Jumbo Desert Cumulus is the name of the camo.

20191125_215152.jpg
Good luck. No way I could / would do that for my rig. If done right it could look really sharp!!!!! Please post pics after the job is done and before you lose it in the Desert!!!!:LOL::tumbleweed:

OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I got the samples from
https://www.metrorestyling.com/default.asp

I'm planning on pulling the doors, fenders, hood, mirrors, door handles, trim etc. As for matching the pattern, i'm buying a 60" wide roll and would walk it right around. I think the pattern matching will be a non-issue. This pattern is pretty forgiving as well.

Sponsored

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon

20191125_215152.jpg
Really cool idea actually.

Was floating doing this awhile ago but just dont have the time to do.

Shop quoted me 3½/4k to do it plus all the work id have to do of removing all the mods on the body.

Good luck, going to look freaking awesome I'm sure.

Check this site out if your not quite certain on pattern yet...quite the array of camo designs
https://camowraps.com/jeep-suv-kit/

OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Really cool idea actually.

Was floating doing this awhile ago but just dont have the time to do.

Shop quoted me 3½/4k to do it plus all the work id have to do of removing all the mods on the body.

Good luck, going to look freaking awesome I'm sure.

Check this site out if your not quite certain on pattern yet...quite the array of camo designs
https://camowraps.com/jeep-suv-kit/
Thanks. I'm retiring in 7 weeks. I'll have more time than I'll know what to do with.

OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Any finished photos?
Nah, never did do this. Mixed feelings and by now, I'd be replacing it, according to everything I read. The stuff just doesn't like living in the sun.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Most people, in my area, use Dura-Liner or something similar. I've even seen pretty good results on peoples older Jeeps, when they took their time with Rattle Cans of flat paints.
Sponsored