camera cover

robertsj22

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited sport soon i hope
after putting on new wheels and tires when i go to put the camera cover on it goes on fine but when you turn the screw it doesn't attach to anything. am i missing something obvious or is it just designed to work with stock wheels.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

after putting on new wheels and tires when i go to put the camera cover on it goes on fine but when you turn the screw it doesn't attach to anything. am i missing something obvious or is it just designed to work with stock wheels.
Your new wheels likely have a different offset than the stock wheels and now the spare is sitting a bit further from the carrier, causing the camera cover to not go back on fully. If you have no choice you can run without the cover or see if you can figure out if you can modify it to fit.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Mine just didn't go back on. I thought about possibly looking into finding a longer bolt solution but honestly it doesn't look bad enough to really care about so I left it.

OP
OP

robertsj22

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited sport soon i hope
yea its like i need a lug nut thats 4 inches long to get it to attach to something. What is that lip that slides out supposed to go behind?

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
The JL's have 2 different camera covers. One is for the Sport with steel wheels and the other is for the Sport S, Sahara, & Rubicon with aluminum wheels. The cover for the steel wheels is longer and will not fit with aluminum wheels. If you started with a Sport with steel wheels and put aluminum wheels (after market or OEM) you will need the shorter camera cover.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I was lucky and mine fit after I went to new wheels even with the negative offset

Jeep4U2NV18

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
The JL's have 2 different camera covers. One is for the Sport with steel wheels and the other is for the Sport S, Sahara, & Rubicon with aluminum wheels. The cover for the steel wheels is longer and will not fit with aluminum wheels. If you started with a Sport with steel wheels and put aluminum wheels (after market or OEM) you will need the shorter camera cover.
Anyone know the PN# for the cover for the Sport models with steel wheels?

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi,

Have a std JLUR and put +12mm offset rims, same offset as the XR rims and my cover would lock, I tried to trim the cover but broke the lock as that cover is rather cheap plastic, ended up leaving it off, but have heard the XR has a different camera/cover as well

Regards,
Jim

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Anyone know the PN# for the cover for the Sport models with steel wheels?
I believe the longer camera cover for the steel wheels is 68333903AD .

The shorter camera cover for aluminum wheels is 68301879AE
Sponsored