California 4XE Ordering

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Went down to look at a couple 4xe's at my local dealer here just south of Sacramento. They are asking 10k over for their 4xe's . To be fair I did ask the guy who seemed to be in charge and he said to ignore the price and he would work off invoice. Where off invoice I don't know.

I did not take a test drive because I already have one ordered and did not want to waste their time. They are pretty sweet.

https://www.elkgrovedodge.net/new/Jeep/2021-Jeep-Wrangler+4xe-9803d7220a0e0adf2cfdb41a371bc06e.htm
Sponsored

G-StarRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ
I am curious about the Geico too. It seems like it would be a pretty good deal but my only concern is if you start having several claims that they could somehow drop coverage. Basically you have to pay for a few years until the warranty expires and then it would be of some use.

My fear would be paying for it when I don't need it and then having them drop the coverage later. I have never bought a extended warranty on basically anything but with the 4xe being new I might spring for it.
What kind of free warranty does Jeep offer for 4xe and for how long? And what's the cost of extended warranty? This will be my first new Jeep purchase.

michellini

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
My invoice price on a Rubicon 4xe was ~7% below MSRP through my credit union in San Diego. They have an auto buying service and negotiated the price with the dealer, so I didn't have to deal with salesmen or even set foot on a lot. All I did was build it out on Jeep's website and send them the specs.

Also, check the tax rate for your area -- for example, Los Angeles is 2% higher than Orange and San Diego counties, so see if you can use an address down there to save an extra $1,000 on taxes (then you can use the savings to buy more accessories or a nice gift for the bank guy).

UPDATE (04/21): My order was placed on 04/01 and I just received word today that my Jeep will be available for pickup in the next two weeks. I also passed along the $1500 California Clean Fuel Reward and dealer applied it, no problem. Apologies for being "that guy" to those who ordered months ago.

What dealer did your credit union go through??

cutandrun

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 turbo, Mercedes G550, Rubicon 4xe
Just informational for all who want to buy one off the lot, Rydell says all of their 4xe‘s have been purchased before they hit the dealership. I know Rydell is very competitive on price and apparently folks have noticed.

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ontherocks4x4.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Happy Wife, Happy Life....
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of free warranty does Jeep offer for 4xe and for how long? And what's the cost of extended warranty? This will be my first new Jeep purchase.
From my 4XE warranty manual...
Jeep Wrangler JL California 4XE Ordering 208751BC-3649-49B2-A287-FE5FC30A71D3

”Specified Components” mostly related to PHEV system, listed below...
Jeep Wrangler JL California 4XE Ordering 549242EE-E0F1-4AC4-A82B-5A330C537A4C

Sponsored

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
I am curious about the Geico too. It seems like it would be a pretty good deal but my only concern is if you start having several claims that they could somehow drop coverage.
My personal experience with GEICO in California would lead me to strongly recommend never using them.or expecting any assistance when you need it the most. They burned every possible brisge they could have with me and I will never give them or their partners a dime for any product for as long as I live. And I'd been with them for years.

michellini

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
MSRP straight from Jeep.com was $67K, and invoice $63K.
With Rydell, they take the $1,000 off the invoice, so I'm at $62K.
Then since I'm leasing, I can apply the Fed $7,500 to the cap price, plus the standard CA $1,500 rebate, and then gets my price to $53K (before TTL).
Haven't gotten any other details yet because I only put $500 down to get the build started, but other than TTL I shouldn't have anything else.

Theyve been so out of touch at Rydell. I got a quote right away.
Then asked about trade in and a few other questions, days and days in between. Its has been awful at Rydell

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Then asked about trade in and a few other questions, days and days in between. Its has been awful at Rydell
I think it depends on who you deal with. Juan has been great so far. I did a test drive a while back on a regular and diesel rubicon and with a random salesman and that salesman didn't know the difference between the two. So you just have to work with someone who knows. Plus it seems they have the best 4xe deal west of the mississippi so I think they are pretty busy.

Sponsored

michellini

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
I think it depends on who you deal with. Juan has been great so far. I did a test drive a while back on a regular and diesel rubicon and with a random salesman and that salesman didn't know the difference between the two. So you just have to work with someone who knows. Plus it seems they have the best 4xe deal west of the mississippi so I think they are pretty busy.
Maybe best deal in Cal, but Washington dealers have them beat... I think Idaho as well.

I am trying to stay in State. Juan is the third person.... I texted him for follow up and nothing.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Maybe best deal in Cal, but Washington dealers have them beat... I think Idaho as well.

I am trying to stay in State. Juan is the third person.... I texted him for follow up and nothing.
Oh yeah I forgot about the ID dealer. They had a pretty aggressive deal too

michellini

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Oh yeah I forgot about the ID dealer. They had a pretty aggressive deal too
I think I'll. Order tomorrow from Bud Clearly jeep in Washington

Just because Rydell is taking days to respond. It's ridiculous
They are cheaper than Tuttle but at least Tuttle responds right away.

I think WA is just too good a deal to pass up

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I think I'll. Order tomorrow from Bud Clearly jeep in Washington

Just because Rydell is taking days to respond. It's ridiculous
They are cheaper than Tuttle but at least Tuttle responds right away.

I think WA is just too good a deal to pass up
Are you in CA or WA? Cuz if in CA and ordering out of state then you lose the CA $1500 plus have to do smog checks and stuff when coming back to CA

NavinJohnson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 4xe
This surprises me. My experience with Rydell was excellent. My salesperson (Rad) always responded to my frequent "Where is it?" texts within the same day, or at least the day after. Everything from the ordering to the pickup/purchase was quite smooth. They honored the original deal, the finance guy didn't try adding anything on (they did offer an extended warranty but the pitch was quick without any pressure at all), and that was the fastest I've been in and out of a car purchase ever. Only frustration was how long it took to get from Toledo to the dealership, but I would assume the dealership doesn't have any control over that aspect.
Sponsored