First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi. Granite Crystal
Occupation
Realtor
Please forgive my ignorance, but can someone please explain the need for a cabin filter, especially in a jeep. half of the jeeps out there already have soft tops and windows and doors are off so much of the time. what exactly are you filtering. I never understood the reason it was there. seems like a useless way to spend money
Sponsored

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Please forgive my ignorance, but can someone please explain the need for a cabin filter, especially in a jeep. half of the jeeps out there already have soft tops and windows and doors are off so much of the time. what exactly are you filtering. I never understood the reason it was there. seems like a useless way to spend money
Obviously, the cabin air filter does nada if you have the doors off, windows open, top off and such..

BUT, there are many people that live in locales will the JLU/JL will have all on/up most of the year.

With that said, many people don't like inhaling extra chitt like road/diesel soot, dust, spores, pollen, odors, etc. so the cabin air filter is a real plus.

Note: When the factory installed cabin air filter becomes dirty you can just remove it and not re-install another. To each his own.

People that have issues with allergens truly benefit from the cabin air filter. Yes, some people do appreciate the cabin air filter.

Rubiwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jkur
Two pages on a wrangler forum about cabin air filters? Shame on all of you who said the JL was getting soft.

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Last edited:

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep SRT Red Vapor, 2015 Jeep GC High Altitude Hemi 4x4
If there is one in the cradle when I get my JLUR I'm going to take it out and throw it away right after I take the doors and top off. Know that...

Sponsored

Rubiwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jkur
I apologize for my post. I am not trying to upset people. Just trying to keep things light and fun. I can actually think of a few times out on the trail when we were held up because another JK needed an emergency cabin filter repair.

JL2018

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi. Granite Crystal
Occupation
Realtor
I apologize for my post. I am not trying to upset people. Just trying to keep things light and fun. I can actually think of a few times out on the trail when we were held up because another JK needed an emergency cabin filter repair.
I'll have to keep 3 spares in my bag:cwl:

OP
OP
FatBoy01

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I'll have to keep 3 spares in my bag:cwl:
Indeed, really a good idea to do so. You guys should get some spares of these also. You are sure to need them out on the trail.

iiii.jpg

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
hey, your sports friend comes to the rescue. There is a cabin air filter! I want to check this too because I notice the rubber texture around the base of my shifter and cup holders caught a lot yellow dust. Anyone else notice this as well? See the 2nd picture.

Does anyone know if I can use the green / white box to source power from dash cam?
There is power going into the mirror. If you pick up a 12v to 5v step down you can tap into those wires and now have to run it down the edge of the window at all. That's what I did and it works great.
Sponsored