First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Zero regrets here. Love it 100%. No issue yet either. Sure, Apple CarPlay can be a bit finicky but if it's acting up I just roll on over to XM - one and done. Next start up it'll be fine. That's just a stereo thing or even perhaps me ha ha! ZERO problems thus far with the actual Jeep. And I keep discovering neat little things about it that I didn't know previously and I just laugh and say now that's so cool Jeep did that!

What's so great about this forum is there are a lot of posts saying "hey I think something is wrong, does XYZ happen to you?" And you can get so much support saying yea it's normal or no, that doesn't sound right - have you tried abc or done this or that. So you can get a full spectrum of the bigger picture to help you determine if it's something that needs mentioning to the dealer or is just something that you're not used to, etc..

Sure, there are going to be some posts of pure negativity (think the European crash results), and others but when you sit back and really think about it or after you've checked your Jeep for the same issue and see nothing you have to ask yourself if those are just a few or if it even pertains to you and your model and how you use it. Last time I checked I live in the USA...not Europe and I don't have any plans on slamming my Jeep into a concrete barrier any time soon - actually never. And some posts are even personal based complaints - I paid 50K for my jeep and it doesn't have this or it does this behavior or that and that should not be expected to do (fill in the blank). No, you bought a JEEP, not a Mercedes off road vehicle (true brute ones that cost 80K+).

And some you just just get a good laugh out of. Don't even go there with the YouTube vids of "9 things or 5 things I hate about my Jeep. Cool - then get something else. Finally, you have those that put their Jeep to the ULTIMATE limitations and then complain that something happened. Well duh. Plus those that have ZERO intention on off roading but mod theirs with huge tires, etc for city driving then complain about how awful it drives or whatever. Those ones really crack me up.

So in the end - yes - do like everyone else is saying above and take it with a grain of salt and learn from it and have some fun too! You did NOT buy a lemon :jk::flag:

P.S. OH - let's not forget the posters details on the left side. Some were cracking me up so much because they have multiple high end vehicles (or not) and good for them. Do I give a cr@p. No. I'm on here about Jeeps. So I decided to list my lawnmower :cwl:
Sponsored

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
High volume product x forum to vent = lots of complaints

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Buyer’s

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
@Firecracker18 ”and I don't have any plans on slamming my Jeep into a concrete barrier any time soon“

The concrete barrier tests are there to bring small cars on par with large ones (because they do not want to discourage small car sales). It is not realistic. Crash the JL against a small car that aced it and let’s see how it turns out.

Sponsored

LeoTheDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So, today I had a really awesome chorizo burrito for breakfast and went out to lunch with some co-workers and had some chicken tortilla soup. Man it was good. The place also gives you this awesome cookie as part of your meal, it's oatmeal with chocolate chips and a hint of coconut. That cookie alone is enough to make me go back. They don't sell the cookies separately so there was this one time I wanted some cookies from them and ordered a salad and asked them to sub the salad for a handful of cookies instead. That was a wholesome lunch. For dinner, I just got some really good pizza at this local place and it really hit the spot. I also created a new playlist on Spotify and to answer your question no I don't have any regrets.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
I really needed this thread, thanks! Mine hasn't arrived yet but after reading this forum obsessively for the past few months I've become nervous that I've bought a lemon without even taking delivery yet. I've compiled a huge list of "things to lookout for" when I pick it up, my wife said "why did you buy it if you're so worried". Well, I bought it because I have a Cherokee and wanted a "real" Jeep. I found this forum to learn more about the JL but somehow ignored the positive threads and dug deeper into the problems people were having, it becomes a case of confirmation bias. Am going to lighten up and spend some time in the Humour thread.
What I get a kick out of all the complaining and I believe most it when you see the photos and recalls, letters , but what did you expect, FCA has the worst ratings of all the cars on the market and this includes the Jeep Wrangler

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Only regret ... should have got sahara w a few more options vs sport.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I am going to go ahead and guess that most of the people with a lot of minor or any major problems will regret their purchase. People without problems will be happy with their purchase. And a few others without any problems will regret spending so much. And you will find the same results in any other brand or model forum.

LeoTheDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I am going to go ahead and guess that most of the people with a lot of minor or any major problems will regret their purchase. People without problems will be happy with their purchase. And a few others without any problems will regret spending so much. And you will find the same results in any other brand or model forum.
I feel like the Wrangler is unique in that people know and are by and large willing to accept the unpredictable nature of its reliability. This Jeep is the first I've ever owned (and first Wrangler I've even sat in) and I did my research before pulling the trigger. I understand there can be things that go wrong. This is true for any vehicle. EVERY vehicle.

Wranglers are more than just cars though.. I think buying a Wrangler is buying into a culture. It's buying into a family. It's a family that's far from perfect, but after taking a step back, it's a family that you love and appreciate regardless of the hardships. It's not like buying a Honda Civic and expecting to get 100k miles because 90% of the people who have one get there easily (unsubstantiated & broad assumption - I'm just playing off the stereotype), but it ends up blowing up in 20k miles and now you're wondering WTF happened and why you listened to them...

I read about the wind noise. I read about the steering issues. I read about the rust, the welding, this, that, the other... Everyone who is on a automobile forum is (hopefully) smart enough to have done some research about what they're going to buy and accept that bad things can and will happen. I hope they've read about the issues other people have had and decided if that's something they can live with. The door can fall off my Jeep tomorrow and I'll scratch my head wondering what happened (actually wasn't there a recall about this?), but I'll laugh it off and just chalk it up to a Jeep thing. I also understand there are anomalies too. The lemons. But that's not even close to a fair representation to the actual experience. Those are few and far between, and while I feel sorry for the people who have the misfortune of dealing with them, I don't necessarily agree that it's worth dumping an entire brand over. Again, those are the people who would act the same way regardless of what they purchased. It has nothing to do with Jeep. In fact, I've read just as many stories of FCA doing the right thing by people when faced with certain misfortune.

I think people who regret buying a Wrangler are the ones who were misinformed or bought it for the wrong reasons.

Sponsored

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR
My JL is my 2nd favourite vehicle i've ever owned, next to my 5.0 Mustang.

When the 5.0 came out in 2011, people were screaming the end of the world was nigh with the MT-82 transmission. There was tons of talk about "gear lockouts" and transmissions grenading on people.

Guilty.

I had a new '14 5.0 6MT for about 3 or 4 days. Bought it from a dealer in Nebraska, who then had a guy deliver it from St. Louis to my house in Kansas City. I drove it for a couple days, grabbed a few gears and didn't like the tranny. My 250k mile S10 shifted better. I never hit a clean 3rd gear in it. . . ever. (Been banging gears since the late 80s) I read the forums and all the problems people were having with the MT, so the next day I called the dealer and told them I hated the car and they took it back and I drove home in a Deep Impact Blue '14 5.0 AT that I loved. . . for about 6 months until I got bored of it and sold it. (Had a Mike Rousch tune and that was about it.)

Moral is, the forums scared me into getting rid of a car I should have kept. I know in time the tranny would've smoothed out, or warranty would have fixed it. Like you, I most likely would have still owned it.

OP, as has been said, don't let the forums scare you away.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Nope :) .. Other than wanting proximity locks and the cold weather package.

s-l1000.jpg

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So, today I had a really awesome chorizo burrito for breakfast and went out to lunch with some co-workers and had some chicken tortilla soup. Man it was good. The place also gives you this awesome cookie as part of your meal, it's oatmeal with chocolate chips and a hint of coconut. That cookie alone is enough to make me go back. They don't sell the cookies separately so there was this one time I wanted some cookies from them and ordered a salad and asked them to sub the salad for a handful of cookies instead. That was a wholesome lunch. For dinner, I just got some really good pizza at this local place and it really hit the spot. I also created a new playlist on Spotify and to answer your question no I don't have any regrets.
Had me rolling, I read the entire thing like an idiot LOL

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I gained 4lbs just reading this.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
No regrets. The issues I have are more minor annoyances than problems.

The only one that bugs me is the steering, a little too wandering. My wife won't even drive it, even though it has improved with some miles on it, it still tends to wander, mostly just in a gentle curve, it's hard to just follow the curve, the Jeep either turns too much or not enough, so it's back and forth through a gentle curve.
Sponsored