rberman

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler sahara
Hi everyone,
Some advice please ......I have a 2021 red wrangler sahara, fully loaded with a tan interior with 30,000 miles.....dealer wants to put me in a new 2024 hybrid model at same lease price with same features. What are your thoughts? trade in or buy off lease? I don't know enough about the hybrid model and they no longer offer the tan interior and i know the battery takes up more space.
Sponsored

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It will depend what your daily driving looks like. If you drive less than 25 miles per day, then you should be able to save plenty of money on gas. If you have a long commute, then 4Xe becomes a moot point. You would just be adding cost and weight for little gain.

Also, being in NY, I suspect the dealer wants to put you on a 4Xe because that’s what they stock, based on the fact that NY is a CARB state. Make sure you buy what you want, not what the dealer or Stellantis want you to buy.

Good luck.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I have a 2021 red wrangler sahara, fully loaded with a tan interior with 30,000 miles.....dealer wants to put me in a new 2024 hybrid model at same lease price with same features. What are your thoughts? trade in or buy off lease?
How well is the '21 running? If it's been pretty reliable, that's no small matter for a Wrangler. In that instance, keeping it is worth your serious consideration.

My '21 was barely a year old when I began receiving hardcopy trade-in solicitations in the mail. There was no good reason for them other than to serve as a money grab for the dealer. In every instance, the check I'd have to write to get into a new Jeep, over and above the trade-in valuation, grew noticeably. Blame that on the insatiable appetite Stellantis has for recurring price increases.

Those letters are tossed in the circular file without delay, every time.

Fitzz47

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited Sahara jl
You could probably buy out your lease,for less than you would get on a trade in. Then trade it in on a new Jeep. Unless you want to keep leasing.

Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
If your 21 is reliable keep it. You’ll have it paid off and it will truly be yours. A lease is a trick to get you into more vehicle than you can afford. Payments are good BUT you’ll never have any equity in it. You can make payments forever….

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
What’s the equity offer?

If you buy out, do it without the dealer, in my experience, they’re gonna tack on a bunch of fees.
Sponsored