My first 1000 miles with Unlimited Sahara 2021

TPS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited JL 2021
So I have just covered my first 1000 miles with Sahara. I am thrilled as far as anything this car brings for me and my family. There are some less favourite aspects of such car, and I am pretty aware of them and accept them.

Fuel efficiency is decent. It is 2.0T so in the city I got 17-18 MPG. On the highway up to 66 MPH she covers 21 MPG. On county roads it is even better as in Poland max speed is around 56 MPH so she covers around than 24 MPG.

Driver's comfort is more than enough. I travelled 400 miles with two breaks and was not tired at all. Maybe the seat could be a bit lower for me, as I am accustomed to low seats in Mustang or Buick Regal but to my surprise the driver's seat is very OK.

Passengers' comfort is very ok. My elder son suffered a bit in the rear, as he is 6 ft tall and the seat is too short for him. My SO slept deep riding shotgun, so I guess she was comfortable. They did not scream and did not miss Buick's comfort.

City driving - oh my Lord! After last winter the streets are full of potholes, so I keep Mustang and Buick in the garage. As far as Sahara it is self explanatory. I just love cruising all over the city not giving a thing about the condition of the streets. Funny fact is I live in the second largest city of Poland.

I also experienced my first off-road adventure. To bypass the traffic on the county road I just turned left into the village and discovered the passage through the forest. We saved 15 mins ;-)

The backup camera's quirks - yes, it lives its internal live I am trying to comprehend. I sometimes can see active back-up lines, at times it goes black, and at times it shows no lines to help.

Engine's sound could be better. I got an impression I drive Diesel. Maybe changing the exhaust is a thing to do?

Friends' reactions - they just cannot dig it, thinking it is a hardcore offroader and asking questions about comfort. Yes - it is Wrangler and it gets noisy on the highway but upto 60 MPH it is very OK to enjoy countryside, to talk inside without screaming at each other.

So it is a great car for those who know what to expect. I just love it!
Sponsored