First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
New Wrangler owner so trying to get up to speed on the lighting situation. I have a JL Sport with the plastic bumper and OEM halogen fog lights. All the aftermarket front bumpers that I’ve come across (besides LOD) seem to not be compatible with the Halogen Lighting or at the least the housing that they’re held in. My question is whether there are either:
1) Other bumpers that will work with the OEM Halogen fog lights?
2) An aftermarket LED light with housing that will fit these aftermarket bumpers that is plug and play with OEM halogen wiring harness?

Looking forward to getting a new bumper and wouldn’t mind an easy plug and play LED fog light upgrade
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
New Wrangler owner so trying to get up to speed on the lighting situation. I have a JL Sport with the plastic bumper and OEM halogen fog lights. All the aftermarket front bumpers that I’ve come across (besides LOD) seem to not be compatible with the Halogen Lighting or at the least the housing that they’re held in. My question is whether there are either:
2) An aftermarket LED light with housing that will fit these aftermarket bumpers that is plug and play with OEM halogen wiring harness?

Looking forward to getting a new bumper and wouldn’t mind an easy plug and play LED fog light upgrade
Have you looked at the Baja Designs Squadron Pros?

There's some info here regarding OEM fog light brackets that may be useful.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/difference-in-fog-light-mounting-brackets.5941/page-2

First Name
Houston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport S

So I am in the same boat, installed aftermarket bumper and looking to re-use factory OEM wiring harness with LED fog lights. Curious if you came up with an answer/solution

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 2013 JKU on 60's, 1997 TJ on D60s
Not too many bumpers out there utilize the stock Sport fog lights. Most use the Rubicon/Sahara style.

We do sell plug and play fog light kits that will be an upgrade over your halogen and bolt right up to the aftermarket bumpers.

Find them here.

Spudster420

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep jl
hey so i got a 2019 JLU Sahara with the stock NON LED lights package.

I've gotten a new Aftermarket bumper that says "This Bumper is only compatible with OEM LED Fog Lights that was available on Non-Rubicon models." So I got new LED lights and got some aftermarket LED mounting brackets (these are the 4 point brackets not the 3 point ones)

The thing i'm wondering now is will the stock halogen wiring harness work with the LED lights or do i need to get a new LED wiring harness kit to make the lights work?

Bumper is not installed yet as I dont want to start taking apart the Jeep until I have all the correct parts....
Sponsored