Sponsored

Build options changed on Jeep.com

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Looks like I ordered just in time late June.

3.6L Rubicon with eTorque. Only mandatory item was Proximity locks.

However, I was in D1 for about a week before being pushed back to D after the shutdown :angry: . Don't know how they have the parts required to build and they then disappear somehow?

Wish I knew why Jeep hates me @JeepCares
Sponsored

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
If they have a limited number of builds they can complete with a MY21, it's not arrogance, it's business.
I expect more flexibility when the MY22 orders open up.
So they must build a Recon edition? Still doesnā€™t make sense

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Makes perfect business sense.
We can only make 100 more Rubicons. Orders are through the roof. We sell every jeep we make. We make an additional $2000 profit on every XR package we sell. Letā€™s require all new Rubicon orders to include the XR package.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Yup, when you have limited production numbers with excess demand you can require high profit margin items without increasing the base price. Very few people will walk away from an order because of it, and even if they do there are a line of people behind them.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
Yup, when you have limited production numbers with excess demand you can require high profit margin items without increasing the base price. Very few people will walk away from an order because of it, and even if they do there are a line of people behind them.
It makes sense short term but now Iā€™m a pissed off customer who is going to hold a grudge against Jeep for a long time. I donā€™t think creating upset customers is a good long term business strategy.

Sponsored

MudHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon (Bright White)
It makes sense short term but now Iā€™m a pissed off customer who is going to hold a grudge against Jeep for a long time. I donā€™t think creating upset customers is a good long term business strategy.

The majority of Jeep owners, BY A LOT, don't order anything. They find what they want, more or less, on a dealer lot, like with almost every other buyer and every other vehicle and manufacturer. The buyers who build are a minority, and they don't sway the decisions of the other 99% enough to matter. Jeep has had this attitude for ages, it hasn't slowed them down because when people want a Jeep, for most of them, only a Jeep will do (and they'll put up with the assorted bullshit to get one).

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Makes perfect business sense.
We can only make 100 more Rubicons. Orders are through the roof. We sell every jeep we make. We make an additional $2000 profit on every XR package we sell. Letā€™s require all new Rubicon orders to include the XR package.
I hope my Rubicon is in there! Finally went into D1 and is supposed to go into production the week of 8/9

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
It's your money and your choice. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new ride for years to come. Speaking with the wallet is the best way you can impact change. Unfortunately, you won't see change unless others do the same.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Jeep doesn't care. Like someone mentioned, more buyers than capacity. One of a kind product.

This is why the Bronco release is a good thing. At the very least, after all the initial hoopla has settled down, there will be a little competition for some prospective Wrangler buyers to consider. Hopefully that compells Jeep to fix the most egregious attributes of the Wrangler. They won't until the Bronco starts cutting significantly into Wrangler sales. That may be quickly or never, who knows.

It is painfully obvious Jeep is prioritizing builds by profit. As a businessman, I understand and almost respect that, but as a frustrated customer, just be honest and tell me "Hey there Stripper Steve, your barebones Sport is gonna rot in gather parts for months" while we punch out loaded Rubi's lightning fast. šŸ˜

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
Jeep dont care.

Lotā€™s of folks want a Porsche but canā€™t afford one. Porsche donā€™t care because plenty of other folks can afford one.

Be pissed off at Jeep all you want, they have people just waiting to take your place and most of them WANT the XR package and are happy to pay for it.

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
Jeep doesn't care. Like someone mentioned, more buyers than capacity. One of a kind product.

This is why the Bronco release is a good thing. At the very least, after all the initial hoopla has settled down, there will be a little competition for some prospective Wrangler buyers to consider. Hopefully that compells Jeep to fix the most egregious attributes of the Wrangler. They won't until the Bronco starts cutting significantly into Wrangler sales. That may be quickly or never, who knows.

It is painfully obvious Jeep is prioritizing builds by profit. As a businessman, I understand and almost respect that, but as a frustrated customer, just be honest and tell me "Hey there Stripper Steve, your barebones Sport is gonna rot in gather parts for months" while we punch out loaded Rubi's lightning fast. šŸ˜
Which makes me wonder why my loaded Rubicon order is taking so long. šŸ˜•

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Good conversation and totally makes sense. Glad my 392 is finally in the shipping stage. Sorry to those having to now go in a different direction.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
Good conversation and totally makes sense. Glad my 392 is finally in the shipping stage. Sorry to those having to now go in a different direction.
Congrats. Enjoy.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Congrats. Enjoy.
Thanks. Hey youā€™re in Whittier thatā€™s where I grew up. Maybe youā€™ll see me crusing around in it. I still have yet to see one in the wild down here.
Sponsored