ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Well, you've had over 24 hrs. What's the verdict?

Honestly I haven’t crawled under and looked yet. I need to. Perhaps today! It could also be a skid plate bracket making contact somewhere.
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Honestly I haven’t crawled under and looked yet. I need to. Perhaps today! It could also be a skid plate bracket making contact somewhere.
Well, get to it. No need to keep us hanging.

TJ_HOOKER

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel
Same here, but just down from the turbo, I thought that was the cat just below there. It tore right open. Loud, rattles and squeaks, and smells like I’ve deleted it lol. Super annoying. I’m at 138,000km, hoping the pollution control has a longer warranty like they used to do. Goes in soon for the injection pump recall soon, I’m hoping they can address this at the same time.

Sponsored

Kleiss1

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD 2018 Mustang GT 6-sp.
Occupation
Retired
Same here, but just down from the turbo, I thought that was the cat just below there. It tore right open. Loud, rattles and squeaks, and smells like I’ve deleted it lol. Super annoying. I’m at 138,000km, hoping the pollution control has a longer warranty like they used to do. Goes in soon for the injection pump recall soon, I’m hoping they can address this at the same time.

Where should I look on my 2021 to find this? Taking it in to the dealer on Friday. Thanks

TJ_HOOKER

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel
Where should I look on my 2021 to find this? Taking it in to the dealer on Friday. Thanks
Slide under the passenger side of your jeep and follow the exhaust to the front. Mine is broken where the exhaust turns up towards the turbo. There is a bracket that is supposed to support the exhaust just up from the spot where it turns up. The exhaust pipe moves easily closing the crack or in my case complete break.

First Name
Sierra Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLURD
Had this happen to my JL. Recently moved so I was trying to get something in the books with a new dealership. They said the earliest they could get me in was a month out, parts would be on backorder if they could even confirm that it was a broken DPF bracket, would need to be in the shop for at least a week to do the inspection, and said that they don't think it would be covered under the emissions warranty.

Needless to say, it sounded like a steep uphill climb so I found a local fab shop that got me in and out under 15min + $100. No more rattle and the hint of oil went away. Sounds like re-welded brackets have broken for some so I'll circle back here if mine breaks again.

EcoDieselEM

First Name
Eva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Ecodiesel Sahara High Alt.
First Name
Sierra Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLURD