Sponsored

Broken Hardtop Guide Pins

LHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU, Rivian R1S, '99 Cherokee XJ
While rushing to put back on the hardtop I snapped off two of the fiberglass guides on the drivers side. Did a search but couldn't find anything on this topic. Not a huge deal, and I realize everything will stay in place as long as I align properly moving forward, but any ideas on a fix that will still allow for easily telling when it's aligned?
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
If you have the broken pieces you could glue them back on, keep in mind it is Sheet Moulding Compound not fiberglass. I guess you could drill a hole where the pin was and put in a nylon bolt to serve as the guide pin. Or just do nothing, tops not going anywhere when bolted down.
Gregj

Hilltonya33

First Name
Tonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Did you find a solution? I snapped mine off today. First time taking the top off. I have no idea how this happened.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
While swapping a SOT on mine I found that the quarter windows have a removable pin in them. I don’t have a part number but will look in the am.
Gregj

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
Bummed as well. I am joining the broken pin club. Not sure how the hell I did it but I used JW Weld epoxy and praying it will hold.

Chitrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I broke one on the freedom panels when they fell over while in the storage bag. I was able to use Gorilla Glue to bond it just fine.
Sponsored