LpAbsolute

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Hey guys,

Purchased a Mopar 2" lift kit for my 2021 Rubicon Diesel and had it installed yesterday from my local dealer. I have not added my new tires yet, plan on doing that next Sat, going with 37" BFG KM3's. So currently i just have the Mopar lift on the factory Falken MT's. First off the lift looks great and i Love the feel on road. But i noticed something today when i was leaving home on the way to work this morning. The breaks work like normal and are very responsive but when i'm at a dead stop and take my foot off the break i can "feel a pop". Its really hard to explain. I don't necessarily feel it in the peddle, but in the jeep itself. It feels like its coming from more behind me then the front of the Jeep. I don't think its something i can hear but only feel. It only happens when i take my foot off the break from a dead stop. Never when i apply the break. It almost feels like when you have your foot on the side of the break peddle and it slips off, how the peddle will slam back. Like i said its hard to explain. Other than when i take my foot off the peddle from a dead stop it drives like normal. Could something have happened when the lift was installed to the break line? Is this normal after a lift install? Will this go away in time? Air in the break line? I only know that i did not have this issue. Thanks in advance for any help
Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Most likely an issue with the suspension since that is what was touched. The fact that it coincides with releasing the brake makes me think that something is shifting when coming to a stop. Then when you release the brake and begin to move again, the forces on the suspension change and whatever is loose or installed incorrectly makes that "pop". Either double check the installation to include component orientation and torques, or take it back to the installing dealer.
And that is why I spent 7 hours on Wednesday in my garage doing my own lift....

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
Most likely an issue with the suspension since that is what was touched. The fact that it coincides with releasing the brake makes me think that something is shifting when coming to a stop. Then when you release the brake and begin to move again, the forces on the suspension change and whatever is loose or installed incorrectly makes that "pop". Either double check the installation to include component orientation and torques, or take it back to the installing dealer.
This seems the most likely explanation to me also.

OP
OP

LpAbsolute

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
And that is why I spent 7 hours on Wednesday in my garage doing my own lift....

I'm hoping you are correct and its just an issue with something not seated correctly or not torqued enough. I only had the dealer install to keep my factory warranty incase of issue down the road. Is it safe to drive over the weekend if i can't get in today to have them look?

Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from the Dealership. I was a bolt behind the front tire that was not torqued down fully and was hitting. It was diagnosed and fixed under 10 mins.
Awesome! I love it when it's an easy fix BUT that would also make me nervous about the attention to detail paid to the rest of the install. By the book, you should check torque on all fasteners after a couple hundred miles so that would be a good opportunity to touch everything they touched.

letank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cayenne, 2013 SL550 , 2021 JLUR, 2021 992C2S
how much did your dealer charge for the install?