First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
Hello,

I have a 2020 JLUR 3.6L non etorque.
Just want to ask if my jeep or JLUR in general have low brake pad sensor.

Thank you.
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The pads have a metal tab which will contact the rotor when the pads wear enough. You will hear a squealing noise when you apply the brakes. Of course, if you have noisy brakes when the pads are still thick, you may not realize it when they get low. From my experience, the low brake pad squealing is different than the "noisy brakes" as it will be consistent during the time you are pressing on the brake pedal.

There's no electrical sensor which sends an electronic signal, such as on Audi's.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a pic of the wear bar on an aftermarket pad, stock pads are similar. Of note, these wear bars are of a metal softer (aluminum??)than the rotors so they won't gouge them. But I wouldn't let them drag on the rotor too long. Once the pad's rivets are exposed, the rotors will get gouges in them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Brake pad sensors Inkedthumbnail_IMG_0661_LI

OP
OP

old schooler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
Thanks for the reply.
I havent really checked yet but my less than 1 year JLUR makes a squeeking sound intermitently during about the first 10 mins of driving. Afterwards, it goes away. Weird..

OP
OP

old schooler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
Here's a pic of the wear bar on an aftermarket pad, stock pads are similar. Of note, these wear bars are of a metal softer (aluminum??)than the rotors so they won't gouge them. But I wouldn't let them drag on the rotor too long. Once the pad's rivets are exposed, the rotors will get gouges in them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Brake pad sensors Inkedthumbnail_IMG_0661_LI

Thats a really good pic. Thank you!
Sponsored