David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Hey guys,

I'm about to put a set of Powerstop Z36 brake pads on the front of my 2018 Rubi. Only at about 12,000 miles, but get an occasional squeal so thought I'd go ahead and change them out. Also, I'm pretty hard on my brakes and I'm running 35s.

This is something I've never done on any vehicle before. I've found a million write ups and videos on changing pads on the JK, but can't find anything for the JL. Is it essentially the same operation from JK to JL? Any tips or JL specific issues I should be aware of?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Just to give everyone a heads-up, I tried to do this project this past Sunday. Got the Jeep jacked up and the driver side wheel off, however the first caliper pin bolt I tried to take out snapped in half. It had already broken loose and I was slowly turning it when I heard that pop. Thank God the initial break was not all the way through the bolt, and I was able to get the entire thing out, but when I put slight pressure on it, the bottom part of the bolt fell right off. Luckily I was able to get to Lowes and get a replacement bolt before they closed.

After that, I will probably take it to my dealer to have the rest of the bolts removed in case one of them actually breaks completely off, leaving a part of the bolt stuck in the caliper.
Sponsored