Brake Cleaner to use on Ruby axle innards

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I know it gets used to clean it out typically but wondered if with the Stock ruby lockers are an issue. Guessing not but dont want to assume.
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Chlorinated clouds or smears some plastics. (and cue someone to link to horror stories about welding with chlorinated - it's federal law that someone mentions this anytime chlorinated is mentioned anywhere)

Also, don't drop the hair dryer in the bath tub while taking a bath. Just sayin'

Non-chlor tends to be pretty much acetone I'm told. I'd use this to be safe, I've never seen it affect plastics or rubbers significantly (but it probably dries 'em out a bit)

OP
OP

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Chlorinated clouds or smears some plastics. (and cue someone to link to horror stories about welding with chlorinated - it's federal law that someone mentions this anytime chlorinated is mentioned anywhere)

Also, don't drop the hair dryer in the bath tub while taking a bath. Just sayin'

Non-chlor tends to be pretty much acetone I'm told. I'd use this to be safe, I've never seen it affect plastics or rubbers significantly (but it probably dries 'em out a bit)
I have no idea what you just said, lol I ended up using oreillys brake cleaner.
Sponsored