First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yeah Jeremy I was doing the same for awhile with an infinity bottle and for some reason got away from it I'll have to revisit it. And you are spot on with the bittersweet side of it, but I never though to pass it off to "non-bourbon" drinkers. That's a great idea lol!!!
Or to people like my brother and sister in law who drink far too much and think Crown Royal is “the good stuff”. When they come over I hide my allocated bottles, leave out all the ones I bought that don’t impress me, top off the infinity flask with Ancient Age, and buy a fresh bottle of Crown. Everyone ends up happy.
Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Or to people like my brother and sister in law who drink far too much and think Crown Royal is “the good stuff”. When they come over I hide my allocated bottles, leave out all the ones I bought that don’t impress me, top off the infinity flask with Ancient Age, and buy a fresh bottle of Crown. Everyone ends up happy.
That is hysterical!! Yeah I have a couple of people just like that and they never bring a bottle but can house 3/4 bottle of bourbon or tequila in one sitting while drinking beers or something else.

I typically will pour them Winchester which is actually really nice and still cheap $19 a bottle but the double oak is even a bit better and around $24

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 1667137564511

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Don’t waste it. Stuff like this is why I started an infinity flask. I’ve put 2 or 3 different whiskies that I don’t like in there together and sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. It’s also kind of bittersweet because you can never replicate a formula that turns out great. Also, I like having it for guests who drink but don’t know or appreciate good bourbon. It’s a novelty and they almost always say it tastes great. After a couple of rounds I let them pick something to refill the flask.
Infinity bottle, LOL I think I like that.

I used to throw big parties at the house but then you got 25-35 folks drinking the bill can get big. So what I did was buy a bottle of the best: Scotch, Gin, Vodka, Canadien etc. Along with it I bought a bottle of the bottom shelf, where a bottle of best would cost $60 bucks the bottom shelf had the same for $12. Then I decanted the bottom shelf into the top shelf bottles and the party was on.

Did anyone EVER say, this tastes like crap? NO, Did anyone ever guess It was not Chivas but CheapO. NEVER.

That said my 'inner circle of drinking buddies, knew to always ask for the shot of Ole EL CheapO, because they knew that was really the good stuff!

I don't how old you are but back in my dad we had parties called "Purple Jesus Party". Get large can a garbage can works great, put the contractor clean up bag inside, 2 blocks of Ice (each block weighs about 10-15 lb, few bags of ice. Stack blocks of ice in the center of the can and dump 2-3 large bags of ice in the bottom. Entry to the party is not free, each person to bring ONE bottle of an alcoholic beverage. Dump the bottle into the can as you come in the door. NO restrictions on your choice of beverage only that it be a 5th or larger and contain alcohol.

For some reason, the brew always comes out Purple, maybe from the wine. It is truly a witches' brew of booze from an EL Cheap O Muskatel to PGA (Pure Grain Alcohol) and everything in between. While it starts out Purple, by about 2 am you can hear folks outside saying Ohhh Jesus as they throw up.

Note, these parties fade quickly not long after you graduate from college and get a job.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
hahahaha now that is funny!!

Sponsored

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I knew I shouldn't have trusted that shady looking guy hanging out on the side of the liquor store. He said he could get me Blanton's. Pretty sure I got ripped off!
Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 20221129_064516
First off, I love the topper! Second, is that real, because I’m going to need it!

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So my two local spots each had a bottle of Weller 12yr. Been wanting a bottle for quite a while. The one place wanted $399 and the other wants $250! WTF!? These prices are getting way out of hand, and the show Yellowstone is not helping…Popping Weller 12yr along with Buffalo Trace. Good thing I enjoy Ancient Age so much.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
So my two local spots each had a bottle of Weller 12yr. Been wanting a bottle for quite a while. The one place wanted $399 and the other wants $250! WTF!? These prices are getting way out of hand, and the show Yellowstone is not helping…Popping Weller 12yr along with Buffalo Trace. Good thing I enjoy Ancient Age so much.
I was dying for a bottle. After a couple of years my guy finally got one for me at MSRP. Honestly I would have cried had I paid even $125 for it. It is good at MSRP. For me it isn't worth anything more. You aren't missing all that much IMO.

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was dying for a bottle. After a couple of years my guy finally got one for me at MSRP. Honestly I would have cried had I paid even $125 for it. It is good at MSRP. For me it isn't worth anything more. You aren't missing all that much IMO.
I enjoy the flavor profile, and usually get it at bars, so I wanted a bottle, but will not pay those kind of prices. That’s just crazy to me.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a wheater fan, but won't pay these crazy Weller prices. It used to be dusty bottom shelfers.
Get a Makers Cask Strength or 46CS, Larceny Barrel Strength or a Rebel Cask Strength, Distillers Collection or 10 yr. All great wheaters at reasonable prices.

If you like Ancient Age, give the new Benchmark series a try. Its Buffalo Trace mash bill #1, same as BT, ER, EHT and Stagg Jr. Just didn't make the cut or age to become them.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My last 12 yr Weller…$27
j

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Been a while, huh? It's not worth what they are asking for secondary or liquor stores matching secondary pricing.
Too many other bottles at reasonable prices to drink.
Yea, sipped only on my birthday, finished 2 years ago,not buying till it gets cheaper.

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My last 12 yr Weller…$27
j
Wow…Can’t even get Buffalo Trace for that price. Places here wanting $75 per bottle. I have to think prices will go down once the distillery’s expansion is done and they can make more. IDK
Sponsored