First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
one guy working and one guy pulling off pretend parts......
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

The guy you circled is Steven from America's Most Wanted 4x4, he is over here showing our mechanics how to install the AMW4x4 Hemi Swap kit.

Not sure what he was reaching for or maybe he was explaining something.
Sponsored

jmcf1949

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
I agree. I haven't seen any modular sections on a Jeep frame

My JL jeep was wrecked. When the insurance company and the Autobody people were looking at the damage the insurance adjuster said just the front portion of the frame needed replaced. It turned out not to be true and they had to replace the whole frame. I don’t know about modular frames but apparently they can cut off the front portion and weld on a new front portion or something like that. I’m not the mechanic.
When they were doing my frame.
That is correct. The frame was designed this way I worked in the Tower Int. plant that makes it for nineteen years. Our rework people did a few over the years.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
That is correct. The frame was designed this way I worked in the Tower Int. plant that makes it for nineteen years. Our rework people did a few over the years.
So, modules are available?

jmcf1949

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
I agree. I haven't seen any modular sections on a Jeep frame.
Then you’re not looking. You can replace the front and rear third by cutting or carbon arc gouging out several welds. I know this to be true because I worked in the plant that makes the frame for twenty years. Both the front and rear of the frame were designed to be replaceable. Our rework people were sent several times to do this.
Sponsored